Astellas Pharma Senior Director, Head of Medical Managed Care US in United States
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Senior Director, Head of Medical Managed Care US opportunity.
Purpose & Scope:
The Senior Director, Head of Medical Managed Care US has a significant leadership role and single accountability in the development, implementation, and execution of the strategy and operations of the Medical Managed Care including but not limit to Health Plans, Pharmacy Benefit Managers, and selected Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) and Integrated Delivery Networks (IDN), managing field medical managed care team, lead MA US and TA access strategy etc. This position requires expertise in building relevant evidence plans within the evolving US health care, managed care and access landscape and mastering the principles of health economics & clinical outcomes research.
The role requires a strong understanding of the US healthcare and reimbursement system as well as significant leadership experience to strategically lead a Medical Managed Care team with both customer engagement and strategy responsibility. As the Head of US Managed Care, this individual will also serve as a core member of the US TA leadership team, contributing to an integrated approach towards access strategic planning, execution, and capabilities enhancement. He/she will chair US medical access strategic committee and partner with US MA TA heads to set US Medical Access strategy and activity.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Guides the creation and execution of the overarching Medical Managed Care strategy in MAUS
- Acts as the primary MA point of contact to key decision makers within identified payers and provider systems.
- Responsible in leading Medical Managed Care strategy and operations, including alignment across multiple field teams, TAs, functional groups, and projects. Develops, implements, and accountable for Medical Managed Care specific objectives - in collaboration with the MA US leadership team, and in accordance with divisional objectives.
- Serves as the MA US expert in designing and overseeing a strategic and comprehensive approach to payer and other emerging customers' engagement and access to medicines for patients; this MA US payer/access strategy will be executed in concert with the Brand payer/access strategies developed by the TA's with input from the Managed Care team
- Leads the US Medical Managed Care committee to align on US MA strategy for access including TA and HEOR TA leads.
- Leads large or complex projects, which may include partnering closely with legal, Ethics & Compliance, and across functions within MA US Managed Care including Medical Brand Teams, Medical Information, HEOR, and Operations.
- Partners with HQ HEOR leadership team to contribute to MA US HEOR strategy
- Directly leads the Field Medical Managed Care organization; aligning with HQ HEOR, HQ Medical, and Field MSLs to execute organizational plan strategies that support CMPs; create innovative, cutting-edge approaches to meet patient needs/customer needs/organizational business needs that may have broader long-term implications for the Medical Affairs US organization
- Provides guidance and oversight of field Medical Managed Care metrics and effectiveness measures for organizational plans and monitoring across entire matrix field organization; ensures streamlining of these efforts across field teams and TAs
- Collaborates with MSL, HEOR, and TA leads to create innovative, cutting-edge approaches on data generation to meet patient, customer, and organizational business needs
- Collaborates and builds strong partnership with US commercial including Health System on strategy and customer interaction
- Partners with other MA and commercial stakeholders in the implementation of the US Medical Access & Value Strategy and Tactics for their key prioritized access customers and corporatized partners, across therapeutic areas (Oncology and Specialty).
- Builds strategic collaborations with field and home office leadership to advance HEOR and MSL initiatives
- Ensures field organization has a robust understanding of the US health care market, evolving medical practice standards, advances in HEOR/ assessments/data, Astellas products/therapeutic areas and competitive landscape
- Actively monitors the changing health care landscape to anticipate future resource needs and collaborate with Astellas senior leadership (field and home office) to address those needs
- Serves on or lead intercompany HEOR, MA or other committees within Astellas as appropriate
- Provides leadership and strategic/operational contribution
- for continuous improvement of organizational excellence in MA US,
- for the development and execution of the Medical Strategy and Plan,
- in strengthening the strategic alignment and partnership with other key stakeholders such as commercial counterparts in US
- to fostering collaboration with field medical leaders/organizations in other regions, including the global Insights & Training Group and Field Medical Matrix Team
- Manages, mentors and develops a high performing Medical Managed Care leadership organization through hiring and/or development of in-house talent
- Ensure ethics, integrity and compliance in field medical organization
The Sr. Director, Head, Medical Managed Care US, leads a high performing field organization that effectively executes initiatives with payers and other emerging customers, and corporatized providers and communicates the medical value for Astellas products throughout their life cycle. This includes ensuring alignment of field medical skills and resources both within the US and globally.
Manages resources, priorities and workload across the Medical Managed Care team, and manage medical managed care esp. field medical managed care, functional excellence and consistence across TAs and field medical teams within the US. This individual is responsible for collaborating with internal and external stakeholders across multiple products and therapeutic areas to represent the voice of the customer and shape business strategies. This person will develop and implement US medical access objectives and strategies to support product plans and is responsible for managing the budget within their area of responsibility. The results produced by the Senior Director and their direct reports (direct and indirect) must be scientifically sound and in compliance with applicable regulations.
The Senior Director oversees this work with minimal supervision and is responsible for being knowledgeable of United States laws and regulations and is accountable for ensuring compliance of field medical activities to these laws and regulations.
Reports to the Senior Vice President, Head of Medical Affairs, US
Member of the MAUS Leadership Team.
Manages a team of approx. 17 employees, incl. 3 direct reports
This individual has multiple cross-collaborative project teams and matrix responsibilities across therapeutic areas with both field and home office stakeholders and collaborates with the following stakeholders:
- Medical Affairs: Vice President, Senior Director/Directors, HEOR; Vice President, TA Heads; Senior Medical Directors/Medical Directors; Medical Communication; Medical Operational Excellence, MSL leads, Field Medical Excellence
- Commercial/Health Systems: Senior Vice President, Vice President, Senior Directors (field and home office)
- Other: Senior Director/Directors, Legal/Compliance/Government Affairs
- External: Astellas partners, Vendors, Executive Leaders
- Advanced degree (PharmD, PhD, MD, DO)
- Minimum 10 years related industry experience in access and managed care related area including field medical managed care experience
- At least 5 years of direct people-management experience
- Strong knowledge and experience of US health care delivery systems (e.g. accountable care, managed care, pharmacy benefit management, government [Medicare, Medicaid]) and solid understanding of policy issues
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and solid track record in field medical and field HEOR
- Demonstrated effective leadership and managerial skills
- Solid understanding of the interface between clinical practice and outcomes research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated people development, strategic thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal relationship and collaboration skills working within cross-functional teams
- Approximately 25-50% travel required depending on location
- Approximately 25% in Northbrook
- Strong knowledge of field medical structure, organization, and operations, including cross-industry perspectives of pertinent Field Medical issues and changing landscape; multiple field-based roles
- HEOR research experience. Demonstrated HEOR related knowledge and experience related to managed care and interfacing with external payer groups
- Thorough understanding of FDA, PhRMA, OIG, and ACCME guidelines as they relate to HEOR and Medical Affairs
- Relevant therapeutic area knowledge and experience such as oncology, women's health etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled Category Medical Affairs