Astellas Pharma Manager, Health Systems Value Strategy and Access Solutions in United States
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Manager, Value Strategy & Access Solutions.
Purpose & Scope:
The Manager, Value Strategy & Access Solutions (VSAS) will be a key member of the VSAS team supporting the Health Systems (HS) Field Teams and HS Customers. Responsible for the development of VSAS tactical plans that align and support the various Brand and Health Systems Strategies. Lead the development and execution of these resources for the HS internal and external customers, while managing to budget. Must have the ability to integrate data/information from brand team, medical, HEOR, Health Systems, and market research to develop tactics that support and align with strategies. Must have an understanding of the various health system external customers with regards to market access and marketing/distribution channels. Responsibilities include collaboration with cross-functional colleagues, including Brand Marketing, HS Leadership, Sales Leadership, Global, Commercial Learning & Development, Market Research, Regulatory, Legal, Medical Affairs, HEOR, and agency partners.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Develop and maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional partners to ensure alignment on the development and implementation of tactical programs for the various HS account teams. Work closely with Brand Marketing, HEOR/Medical, CL&D, and Health Systems Field Leadership on the training/roll-out of resources to the Health System field teams. Serve as the liaison to Health Systems Leadership, i.e. access and reimbursement, payer and channel, to align on strategy and tactics, and ensure full understanding of all HS resources. Responsible for managing tactics to budget, coordinating with the oncology brand team as needed, to ensure alignment of tactics with brand strategies. Manage outside agencies in the following capacities: strategic and tactical planning, project estimate development, including budgets, time management and execution of projects.
Financial performance (market share, units, profitability) Health Systems Marketing strategy, management, and execution Customer satisfaction and experience -- enabling strong, business-centric, collaborative relationships with customers, both internal and external Driving business performance through effective cross-functional team dynamics and collaborative initiatives Contribute to broader organization by leveraging and sharing best practices Efficient use of resources including: management of vendors, negotiation for services both internally and externally, and monitoring of budgets
This role requires strong collaboration skills. This individual will need to develop strong partnerships with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership both within Health Systems and the sales organization, as well as brand marketing, legal, regulatory, medical, HEOR, global, insights & analytics to name a few. This role requires the individual to have consistent, clear, concise, and pro-active communication to ensure the sharing of ideas with the goal of gaining alignment on the development of tactics that support the value and access strategies. This position will be highly engaged in managing the development and execution of value strategy and access solutions tactical plan(s) for Oncology and portfolio products. This individual will report to the Associate Director, Value Strategy & Access Solutions.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 5 years of related, relevant marketing or pharma industry experience (i.e., marketing, sales, sales training, market research, marketing operations, managed care, pricing and contracts, etc.)
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding goals and demonstrated ability to drive performance
- Demonstrated understanding of managed markets and the US healthcare system
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to create, implement and iterate impactful action plans, tactics and programs with clear and measurable outcomes to the business and customers
- Understanding of US reimbursement landscape
- Strong project management skills with the ability to proactively manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to be a high-level contributor or leader of multiple projects and processes.
- Ability to present complex issues to higher level management.
- Ability to manage expense budgets to optimize returns
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize projects to deliver results
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proficient in power-point / excel
- Willingness to travel (20% - 30%)
- Knowledge of the Oncology Market Access landscape
- Digital marketing, websites/microsites, and non-personal promotional tactic experience
- Pharmaceutical Oncology Marketing Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Health Systems