Astellas Pharma Director Global Market Access & Pricing in United States
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Director Global Market Access.
Purpose & Scope:
Market access strategy is crucial in ensuring the overall commercial success of a product. Global Market Access assists the Global Market Access Lead with owning the market access and pricing strategy for the priority product, ensuring all relevant insights are captured and accounted for, and that the most compelling payer value, market access and pricing strategy is developed and agreed for the product.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Embed Compliance Culture across all Regions of the business ensuring Integrity in Action is actively applied in all initiatives.
- Ensure Marketing Function(s) strictly adopt a culture of ethics and compliance; leading by example and appropriately challenging non-compliance.
Ensure adherence to Astellas policies relating to Ethics and Compliance standards and interactions with Healthcare Professionals (HCPs), Healthcare Organisations (HCOs) and Patient Organisations (POs).
Essential Job Responsibilities
Assist Global Market Access Lead in identifying and delivering payer oriented, value based Clinical & HEOR evidence development strategies for priority products, which meet the payer's value thresholds and which deliver the best chance of positive access outcomes. Provide input on identified multi-dimensional problems involving diverse stakeholder interests with regards to competing value and evidence strategies so as to enable Global Market Access Lead to robustly defend the global position.
- In support of the above, feed supporting facts, evidence and analysis to Global Market Access Lead to enable Global Market Access Lead to represent market access effectively in the GVT (Global Value Team) and GBT (Global Brand Team)
- Generate insights in relation to the product as guided by the Global Market Access Lead
- Actively identify areas of collaboration and ways in which market access can work effectively with HEOR, and recommend the same to the Global Market Access Lead
- Define the payer value requirements for the evidence generation plan for the product, identify areas needing MA & HEOR input and seek input accordingly, submit proposals to the Global Market Access Lead
- Propose market access and pricing strategy based on insights generated and analysis carried out, iterate with Archetype Access Lead, and submit to Global Market Access Lead
- Develop global value story and global value dossier based on insights collated, identify areas needing HEOR input and seek input accordingly, under the oversight of the Global Market Access Lead
- Conduct all Market Access activities in compliance with regulatory agencies, public policies and guidelines, and with corporate policies and procedures.
- Other such duties as may be reasonably required by the business.
Mandatory Compliance requirements
To be aware of Astellas' Group Code of Conduct and associated policies and procedures and other applicable laws, codes and regulations.
Clarify and seek guidance as required, and raise any concerns, in a timely manner, with relevant manager; which may include reference to the Ethics and Compliance Team and/or Ethics and Compliance Helpdesk.
Undertake and comply with relevant mandatory Ethics and Compliance training and updates to maintain personal awareness; all training to be undertaken in a timely manner.
Be aware of and comply with, the Astellas Way and Astellas Competences, in terms of expected values and behaviors, in addition to Astellas' HR policies, procedures and guidelines.
- This role assists with the definition of the most optimal and suited market access and pricing strategy for the priority product
- Forecasted 2022 sales revenue for Xtandi at JPY 377.6bn, forecasted peak sale for IMAB at JPY 100-200bn, EV at JPY 50-100bn, Xospata at JPY 50-100bn, Fezo at JPY 200-300bn
- This role will operate with a budget
- Employees at all levels within the UK
- Other European MT members
- Affiliates European GMs
- Medical Affairs global / regional / affiliates
- Management/Colleagues in USA/Japan/Asia
- External suppliers and consultants
- Professional and Regulatory
- Bachelor's degree with further qualification MBA, PhD or equivalent professional qualification
- Prior global experience in a global pharmaceutical company
- Minimum of 8 years of pharmaceutical business experience which may include:
- Health outcome, marketing, finance or related experience
- Market Access, Reimbursement or HEOR experience in the pharmaceutical industry with a proven track record of strategy development and execution.
- Strong understanding and experience of working within different payer environments and drivers for reimbursement, value based access, and how to integrate into drug development and commercial strategies.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing evidence generation strategies, informing government strategies including advocacy development, payer value proposition, negotiation workshops, and relevant training programs.
- Deep knowledge / scientific background on the assigned products/TA.
- Experience working in global position and working across regional organizations
- Leadership and initiative: Adopt ownership mentality, self-starter, ready to identify and drive action items, able to work well within immediate team as well as cross functionally
- Strategic thinking: Must be able to understand the relevance and implication of operational trends and activities to market access.
- Strong communication: Both verbal and written, including presentation skills essential. Fluent in written and verbal business English. Proven ability of successfully managing complexity across multi-functional stakeholders, and building strong relationships
- Analytical thinker: Capable of identifying appropriate approaches and solutions to complex problems. Ability to understand trade-offs between competing demands and present same to Global Market Access Lead for prioritization.
- Fosters a culture where everything is done to enhance value to patients. Intentional about meeting/exceeding customer expectations (internal/external).
- Leads the strategic planning process to drive breakthrough initiatives that support Astellas' strategy.
- Strategic thinking skills to create a robust business case, analyse commercial and business information and devise strategy.
- Comprehensive understanding of corporate strategy, business administration, F&A, R&D and manufacturing technologies.
Innovation & Change:
- Acts as ambassador for change; able to embrace/persuade to secure sponsorship, commitment and innovation.
- Demonstrates thought leadership and an environment able to generate and harness new ideas and/or ways of working.
- Strong leadership presence; drives business practices that transform and enable high-performance teams to deliver sustainable results.
- Sound judgment, objectivity and decision making skills; overcomes set-backs/challenges. Creates a culture of personal and corporate accountability, addresses non-compliance.
- Flexibility and mental agility necessary to analyze complex problems and develop sound recommendation to mitigate functional/ business risk.
- IT literate; able to utilize MS Office and virtual collaboration tools, database, compliance systems/applications, online knowledge repositories etc.
Communication & Collaboration:
- Creates common purpose: seeks ideas, input. Challenges and facilitates robust solutions.
- Establishes strong network with diverse people/functions in multi-disciplinary settings and regions (EMEA, Americas, Japan and Asia).
- Ability to secure commitment from senior sponsors (local/international) and stakeholders (i.e. projects, budgets and resources).
- Strong presentation, communication, influencing and mgmt. reporting skills (compliance, qualitative/quantitative updates, risks/corrective action etc.) for diverse internal and/or external audience.
Developing & Inspiring:
- Proactively develops talent, coaches and empowers for success. Anticipates future skills, deployment and strategic resource planning.
- Experienced in managing within global virtual and matrix organization (indirect and functional reporting).
Working as One Astellas:
- Acts as an ambassador of ethics and compliance locally/internationally. Incorporates cross-cultural perspectives when addressing challenging situations.
- Respectful, natural coach. High integrity.
- $ 168,000 -- $ 224,000
Top benefits including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time, national holidays and year-end holiday shutdown
- 401(k) Match and Annual Company Contribution
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible positions
- Annual Financial Wellness Allowance and Annual Wellness Reward
- Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
- Referral bonus program
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled Category Marketing