Astellas Pharma Associate Director, Consumer Marketing in United States
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Director Consumer Marketing opportunity in Northbrook, IL with flexibility to work remote.
Purpose & Scope:
The Associate Director will lead the strategic direction and tactical execution for XTANDI across the patient journey and patient/consumer platforms. The successful candidate will need to both directly execute and effectively manage and lead individual contributor(s) to ensure strategic priorities are pulled through in well executed tactics. This person will be an expert in consumer and patient marketing and work in close collaboration with internal and external partners, including the partner company, the sales force, other members of the brand team, vendors, and multiple internal stakeholders across functions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Leads the development of solutions for building brand education and awareness among patients and caregivers, as well as improving the advanced prostate cancer and XTANDI patient/caregiver experience
- Leads relevant market and brand analyses, and contributes to development of strategic
- brand priorities and tactical insights utilizing brand and customer knowledge, evolving media trends, technology platforms and other opportunities to strengthen the patient experience
- Communicates strategic priorities and leads development of a tactical plan together with agencies, co-promote partner and cross functional partners
- Continuously seeks new innovative opportunities across channels aligned with brand objectives to significantly improve brand performance
- Manages tactical plan execution, partnering with key functions and co-promote partner; communicates results of high priority initiaties to broader team and organization, including executive levels
- Fosters a positive and collaboration-oriented team culture. Ensures strong collaboration with cross-functional colleagues and partner company
- Attracts, develops and retains Marketing team members. Proactively manages the development of direct report and broader team to ensure continuous improvement of and conducts periodic performance and development reviews
- As key member of XTANDI Marketing Leadership Team, lead and implement other initiatives to support team and overall brand and/or franchise as assigned
- Ensure all work is completed in an ethical and compliant manner
Sales Budget: This position has a direct impact on both the strategic and tactical direction for the brand assigned. These significant contributions to Brand Planning and subsequent product achievement are the result of the critical input expected from this position by which Product Management makes strategic choices.
A and P Budget: Directly impacted by the efficient use of resources including: vendors, negotiation for services both internally and externally and monitoring of budget.
The Associate Marketing Director directly engages in and has responsibility for strategic brand development. This position will be highly engaged with Brand Leadership in providing robust insights for the development of the brand plan and will also begin to work with them on long term strategy. This position has responsibility for both strategic planning/positioning and tactical execution, both directly and through team member(s). This position will necessarily need to fully develop working relationships with higher level external partners and internal colleagues from other departments (including market research, legal and regulatory). Contact and collaboration with VP and other executive levels will begin more frequently. This role requires high levels of collaboration for success which needs to be consistently demonstrated via the sharing of ideas and the development of creative solutions. This position reports to a Senior Director of Marketing and has one direct report
- Bachelor's degree
- This level requires 10 years experience (marketing, sales, sales training, market research, marketing operations, etc.) and/or equivalent education
- Demonstrated experience (minimum 4 years) in patient/direct-to-consumer pharmaceutical marketing, with responsibility for impactful and visible initiatives across a variety of channels
- Strong ability to understand, integrate and synthesize insights across customers, competitors, therapeutic or business areas and markets to inform business decisions
- Ability to create, implement and iterate impactful action plans, tactics and programs with clear and measurable outcomes to the business and the customer
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence teams, with and/or without direct authority
- Ability to present complex issues to higher level management and contribute to high level presentations and discussions
- Strong collaborative experience working with external partners
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Oncology experience
- Experience working in a partnership / co-promotion
- Experience directly managing people
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled Category Marketing