Astellas Pharma Associate Director Behavioral Science Consortium in United States
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a field based Associate Director, Behavioral Science Consortium in the United States.
Purpose & Scope:
The Associate Director, Behavioral Science Consortium (BSC), will support the organization's understanding and implementation of behavioral science learnings and patient care implications by providing support to Astellas teams, including Medical, Development and Global Business Units, with a focus on identifying critical drivers of health-related behaviors. The BSC seeks to enhance organizational understanding of patient behaviors in the real-world to inform better decisions, identify new healthcare innovation opportunities, and to enable the delivery of a more holistic, comprehensive, differentiated approach to patient care. This will be accomplished, in partnership with behavior science experts, through their collaboration with Astellas to deepen our understanding of the individual behaviors (decision-making, biases), environmental factors (relationships, point of care) and the social/cultural factors (upstream factors) that influence patient health outcomes. Leading the process, execution and communication of project-based work as well as curriculum development and delivery will be critical components of the work. In addition, leading the development of research questions of interest, background research and writing for project-based work will be another critical component of the work. Therefore, the person in this role will be ultimately accountable for process execution and the successful delivery of actionable information, utilizing a matrix environment to assemble an appropriate team.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Work closely with internal Astellas teams (incl Medical, Development, Global Business Units) to align work streams with unit priorities to assist in identifying and delivering a deep understanding of human behavior and behavioral science inspired interventions
- Work in a translational role with the BSC Faculty to draw on the sub-fields of relevant behavioral economics, anthropology, sociology, psychology, public health, social epidemiology etc. to apply these disciplines to relevant therapeutic areas and patient challenges generating patient, provider and caregiver insights to ensure applicability of these insights and interventions to Astellas businesses
- Support business efforts by infusing principles of social science and consulting internal teams in the application of these principles, in a practical manner, to human behavior-related challenges
- Manage multiple detailed projects simultaneously working with a diverse matrix set of project teams across the organization
- Lead the development of behavioral science inspired research questions, execute the research in collaboration with behavioral science experts and write summary findings
- Act as an internal consultant to provide insight and solve problems related to behavior change, bias, habit formation and beyond
- Collaborate closely with other Patient Centricity teams to infuse deep human behavior understanding and behavioral science concepts from early development through lifecycle management in order to ensure the BSC offerings are cohesive and complementary towards the larger Patient Centricity team's mission within the organization
- Must have a builder mindset, this is a new role, and you will have the chance to help shape it
The individual in this role will support raising the organizations understanding of patient behaviors and their implications on patient care and will support the needs of medical and development teams and the global business units through project-based work. The goal is to deepen the understanding of human behavior in the real world, through a unique and diverse behavioral science point of view. Ultimately, this individual will lead the operational execution and the development, execution and summary findings of project-based work and provide support for curriculum development and delivery. As such, the success of this role will be measured by the operational and business management of each project/workstream and the level and quality of support provided to the primary customers, the number of projects supported and curriculum developed and the impact the deliverables/insights have on decision-making of the primary customers (Development teams, Business units, Patient Centricity teams, others). Therefore, the primary measures of success will include: operational execution and management, research and summary writing of projects, number of projects and curriculum completed (complexity assessed as well), quality of work, impact of deliverables on decision-making and/or future action. Assessment tools will include regular (ongoing, mid-year and end of year) feedback. Additional methods of evaluation may be employed depending on the project.
This role will be part of a newly created Behavioral Science Consortium team within the global Patient Centricity division. This individual will report to the Head, Behavioral Science Consortium. However, the person in this role will be required to assemble and lead appropriate matrix global teams to be successful. There will be no immediate direct reports to this position.
- Advanced degree in behavioral economics, anthropology, sociology, psychology, public health, applied behavioral sciences or other social science discipline
- Passion and curiosity to understand and explore behavioral science concepts and principles as applied to deepening our knowledge of health behaviors and behavioral science inspired interventions
- Minimum 5 years' experience in consulting, behavioral science or patient facing work; could include product/brand management, commercial, not-for-profit, direct health care/health care delivery experience and research OR 3 years in an academic research setting AND application of academic research to fill healthcare or business needs
- Must have proven experience writing deliverables for non-academic audiences (e.g. short form case studies, PowerPoint presentations)
- Must be able to independently structure and execute secondary research assignments on short timelines (4 -- 6 weeks)
- Must be able to synthesize and clearly explain complex concepts to non-academic audiences
- Must have proven experience in presenting work to non-academic audiences
- Operational expertise including integration, execution, managing multiple projects and timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience in networking, collaborating and achieving consensus in complex environment with multiple customers
- Comfort with and ability to assemble and lead matrix global teams
- Strategic intuition and business acumen
- High level of empathy and sensitivity working within a range of cultural contexts
- Comfort level/experience managing budgets
- High degree of comfort working within ambiguity, experimentation and iteration
- A commitment to the Astellas Way: Patient Focus, Ownership, Results, Openness and Integrity
- Experience in social science research activities
- PhD / MBA
- Design thinking skills
- Experience in sales
$141,000 -- midpoint $188,000
Top benefits including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time, national holidays and year-end holiday shutdown
- 401(k) Match and Annual Company Contribution
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible positions
- Annual Financial Wellness Allowance and Annual Wellness Reward
- Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
- Referral bonus program
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled Category Patient Centricity