Astellas Pharma Sr. Research Associate, Cellular Immunology in South San Francisco, California
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Sr. Research Associate, Cellular Immunology opportunity at their Xyphos site in South San Francisco, CA.
The primary purpose of the Senior Research Associate is to perform experiments exploring applicability of the Xyphos chimeric antigen receptor platform across multiple oncology targets. This position will work primarily in a laboratory setting with Scientist and R&D teams.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Isolation and culturing of primary cell lines (e.g. human T cells) and culturing of established cell lines.
- Experience designing and implementing flow cytometry experiments for functional assays, phenotype characterization, and cell sorting/enrichment applications.
- Experience with functional assays using systems such as the Incucyte.
- Development and refinement of cell-based assays as needed.
- Cellular engineering experiences including lentiviral transduction, retroviral gene delivery, transfections, and CRISPR/Cas gene editing.
- Collaborates with supervisory personnel to design experiments and select appropriate methods to accomplish them.
- Performs experiments with a careful attention to detail.
- Accurately records procedures, data, and results.
- Interprets data, draws conclusions from experimental work, and presents in team meetings.
- Collaborates with other members of the R&D team, with other teams within Xyphos.
- Assists with R&D laboratory management and operation.
- Performs other duties as assigned or special projects as needed.
- BS degree with 5+ years or MS with +2 years of laboratory experience
- Broad expertise with cell-biology and immunology assays and techniques.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, especially primary immune cell culture (e.g. T cells, NK cells).
- Experience with cancer immunology research.
- Diligence, and meticulous attention to detail in experimentation and record keeping.
- Willingness to learn and enthusiasm to be part of the development of a cutting-edge therapy platform.
- Strong capacity to take on new tasks and techniques and ability to juggle needs across multiple parallel projects
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with supervision and ability to effectively collaborate with other teams; collegiality is a critical attribute
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic with a dedicated mindset of proactively identifying and proactively filling gaps
- Ability to work weekends as needed
- Experience with functional immune cell assays.
- Experience with human immune cells (e.g. T cells, NK cells).
- Experience with therapeutic antibodies.
- Adept at managing and executing multiple projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Research and Development