Astellas Pharma Research Associate II, Cell Biology in South San Francisco, California
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Research Associate II Cell Biology opportunity at their Xyphos site in South San Francisco, CA.
The primary purpose of the Research Associate II is to support all cell biology and assay development needs. This position will work primarily in a laboratory setting with Scientist and R&D teams.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Culturing of both established cell lines and primary (e.g. human T cells) cell cultures.
- Generation and quality control assessment of lentivirus to support R&D work.
- DNA purification to support lentiviral production; additional molecular biology experience (e.g. PCRs, molecular cloning) a plus.
- Strict adherence to established standard protocols for reliable and consistent cell resource generation and data production.
- Performs experiments independently with careful attention to detail, accurately records procedure/data/results in a timely manner, notes and reports experiments/results that may be out of trend.
- Interprets data, draws conclusions from experimental work, and presents in team meetings.
- Collaborates with other members of the R&D team, with other teams within Xyphos.
- Involved with R&D laboratory management and operation.
- Performs other duties as assigned or special projects as needed.
- BS degree with 3+ years or MS with 0-2 years of laboratory experience
- Experience with mammalian cell cultures
- Familiarity with molecular- and cell-biology assays and techniques (e.g. flow cytometry) and a willingness to take on new tasks and learn new skills as needed
- Diligence and meticulous attention to detail in experimentation and record keeping
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Willingness to learn and enthusiasm to be part of the development of a cutting-edge therapy platform
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with supervision and ability to effectively collaborate with other teams; collegiality a critical attribute
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic with a dedicated mindset of proactively identifying and productively filling gaps
- Ability to work weekends as needed as needed
- Experience with mammalian tissue culture
- Experience with lentiviral transductions
- Experience with immunology or cancer
- Experience in molecular biology
- Experience staining cells with antibodies, operating a flow cytometer, and interpreting flow data
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Research and Development