Astellas Pharma Lab Operations Manager in South San Francisco, California
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Lab Operations Manager opportunity at their Xyphos site in South San Francisco, CA.
The primary purpose of the Laboratory Operations Manager is to oversee all aspects of lab operations for Xyphos. This includes coordination of lab services such as glassware, equipment and materials stocking, ordering of lab supplies and materials, tracking of laboratory equipment inventory and maintenance scheduling as needed. The Lab Operations Manager will serve as the Biosafety Officer and may be required to assist in specific projects related to the research teams as needed.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing plans and initiating procedures to achieve objectives affecting the laboratory.
- Maintains instrumentation and ensures proper operation. Communicates with instrument companies and schedules service as needed.
- Interfaces with the City of South San Francisco to ensure all requirements set forth in the city ordinance are met. Escalates issues to Xyphos management team as needed.
- Provides guidance and serves as an authority and subject matter expert on laboratory biosafety.
- Manages the proper record keeping of laboratory condition.
- Responsible for all freezer/nitrogen tank upkeep, maintaining compliance control, chemical storage and disposal.
- Purchases consumable supplies and reagents.
- Responsible for stockroom management, glassware maintenance, autoclaving
- Works with IT department to ensure both office and laboratory IT requirements are met.
- Coordinate with third party lab service vendors as appropriate.
- Collaborate and provide support to the Research team to ensure seamless day-to-day laboratory operations, including lab coat management and general lab cleaning/organization.
- Assist in the development and writing of SOPs as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned or special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years or equivalent combination of education and experience required, preferably in Life Science or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in laboratory management.
- Ability to collaborate with external partners across multiple scientific disciplines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly developed organizational and communication skills.
- Able to maintain a clean, neat, and safe lab environment.
- Possesses a positive, can-do attitude and creatively solves problems.
- Ability to prioritize activities and skilled at getting teams to set and/or meet deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Project and MS Office Suite.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled Category Research and Development