Astellas Pharma Warehouse & Facilities Technician in Seattle, Washington
Universal Cells is focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. We conduct clinical-grade gene editing of stem cells and have a major effort in R&D. We design and produce stem cells that avoid rejection, and we engineer cells with improved therapeutic properties, all through our world-class gene editing platform.
Our goal is to provide cells for regenerative medicine applications that can treat all patients. Through internal R&D and our corporate partnerships, we are pursuing a diverse range of disease indications, including blindness, cancer, vascular insufficiency, and autoimmune diseases.
Universal Cells is announcing a Warehouse & Facilities Technician opportunity at their facility in Seattle, WA.
The Facilities Technician reports to the Director, Operations Excellence, and helps oversee the day-to-day operations of the UC Facilities. This individual performs a variety of duties including general lab stock / inventory, warehousing, and building and equipment maintenance support, equipment within a biological lab environment. The incumbent should be a highly motivated self-starter who is mechanically inclined, comfortable working in a hands-on environment and has interest in taking on increasing responsibilities.
Universal Cells is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Astellas Pharma. Astellas is an R&D-driven global pharmaceutical company whose philosophy is to contribute to the improvement of people's health around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Receiving and warehousing of laboratory stock and equipment.
- Assist with all physical facility issues as directed.
- Handle minor building repairs; source contractors for building refurbishment and ensure work is completed to standard and within budget.
- Assist planned calibration and maintenance programs for a variety of equipment.
- Maintain the call-out system for equipment and emergency related calling.
- Forecast, order and maintain stock for facilities repairs.
- Some clerical tasks/data entry.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 4+ years facility experience or equivalent.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Associates Degree
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Manufacturing & Operations