Astellas Pharma Senior Scientist, Immunology/Antigen Presentation in Seattle, Washington
Universal Cells is focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. We conduct clinical-grade gene editing of stem cells and have a major effort in R&D. We design and produce stem cells that avoid rejection, and we engineer cells with improved therapeutic properties, all through our world-class gene editing platform.
Our goal is to provide cells for regenerative medicine applications that can treat all patients. Through internal R&D and our corporate partnerships, we are pursuing a diverse range of disease indications, including blindness, cancer, vascular insufficiency, and autoimmune diseases.
Universal Cells is announcing an opportunity for a Senior Scientist, Immunology/Antigen Presentation at their facility in Seattle, WA.
We are seeking an innovative and self-motivated Senior Scientist, Immunology/Antigen Presentation, to join a team of researchers developing therapeutic stem cell-derived antigen presenting cells. The ideal candidate will contribute a deep expertise in T cell biology and antigen presentation as well as strong experimental skills in mechanistically assaying immune cell function.
Universal Cells is now part of Astellas!
Universal Cells is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Astellas Pharma. Astellas is an R&D-driven global pharmaceutical company whose philosophy is to contribute to the improvement of people's health around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Rigorously characterize the impact of engineered antigen presentation on T cells using standard in vitro immunological assays as well as animal models. Develop new experimental approaches when required.
- Perform all duties with a high degree of scientific rigor, including experimental design, data analysis, and data interpretation.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and presentations. Regularly present findings at group meetings.
- Maintain cutting-edge knowledge of scientific advances in immunology and antigen presentation.
- Contribute to shaping the scientific strategy of Universal Cells' antigen presentation programs.
- Closely collaborate with colleagues within Universal Cells and other Astellas sites.
- A Ph.D. in immunology or a related field, with an additional 5+ years of relevant post-graduate experience. (MS with 8+ or BS with 12+ of highly relevant experience would also be considered)
- Proven track record of experience and innovation in the fields of antigen-presentation and T cell biology, evidenced by a strong publication and/or patent record.
- Possess deep subject matter expertise in methods relevant to antigen presentation and T cell biology.
- Broad experience with immunological assays (e.g. flow cytometry, ELISA, ELISpot, RT-PCR).
- Experience culturing mammalian and primary immune cells.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Experience with relevant animal models.
- 3+ years of industry experience relevant to the development of cell therapies.
- Background in autoimmunity, allergy, or cellular vaccines.
- Experience using RNA-Seq datasets to interrogate immune cell function.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Research and Development