Astellas Pharma Senior Research Associate, Vector Production in Seattle, Washington
Universal Cells is focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. We conduct clinical-grade gene editing of stem cells and have a major effort in R&D. We design and produce stem cells that avoid rejection, and we engineer cells with improved therapeutic properties, all through our world-class gene editing platform.
Our goal is to provide cells for regenerative medicine applications that can treat all patients. Through internal R&D and our corporate partnerships, we are pursuing a diverse range of disease indications, including blindness, cancer, vascular insufficiency, and autoimmune diseases.
Universal Cells is announcing a Senior Research Associate, Vector Production opportunity at their facility in Seattle, WA.
We are seeking a highly capable, self-motivated Senior Research Associate, Vector Production. This individual will contribute to the further molecular engineering for our gene edited Universal Donor Cells. They will work as a key member on a fast-paced team to assist with Adeno-Associated Virus production and the development and execution of molecular assays to characterize our proprietary gene edited cells.
Universal Cells is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Astellas Pharma. Astellas is an R&D-driven global pharmaceutical company whose philosophy is to contribute to the improvement of people's health around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Performing plasmid DNA isolation and producing Adeno-Associate Virus under "GMP-like" conditions.
- Routinely perform standard molecular biology techniques including primer design, molecular cloning, gDNA isolation, PCR, and Sanger sequence analysis.
- Compiling, analyzing, and summarizing data; presenting data in both oral and written formats.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and think critically about experiments and results
- Self-motivated with good time management and communication skills.
- Team player; working effectively with various team members and other departments.
- Keen organizational skills and the ability to maintain accurate and up to date records
- Extensive experience with aseptic cell culture and molecular cloning.
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and think on your feet.
- 5+ years of experience with BS degree in related scientific discipline
- 2+ years of experience with MS degree in related scientific discipline
- Familiarity with Good Documentation Practices and working within Quality Systems
- Experience with AAV production and radioactive (P32) Southern blots
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Research and Development