Astellas Pharma Senior Research Associate, ADCC Biology in Seattle, Washington
Universal Cells is now part of Astellas!
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Senior Research Associate, ADCC Biology opportunity at their Universal Cells facility in Seattle, WA.
Universal Cells is seeking an innovative, and highly-motivated Senior Research Associate - ADCC Biology, to join our R&D team to develop stem cell-derived engineered immune cells for ADCC oncology applications.
Growing technical knowledge, and continued understanding of administrative operations with ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems. Independently contributing to the scientific experiments, and continues to take on more responsibility to provide content for various documents and reports. Able to execute protocols and have ability to summarize results independently.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Culture unedited and edited human pluripotent stem cell lines.
- Edit pluripotent stem cells to enable ADCC capabilities.
- Differentiate engineered stem cells into ADCC competent mature immune cells.
- Phenotype differentiated effector immune cells for ADCC activity, utilizing flow cytometry, imaging, gene expression, and cytotoxicity analyses.
- Sort cell subsets using flow cytometry and magnetic purification.
- Collaborate with supervisory personnel to design experiments and select appropriate methods to accomplish them.
- Perform experiments with a careful attention to detail.
- Accurately record procedures, data, and results.
- Interpret data, draw conclusions from experimental work, and present in team meetings.
- Collaborate with other members of the R&D team, with other teams within Universal Cells.
- Assist with R&D laboratory management and operation.
- 5+ years of experience with BS degree in related scientific discipline.
- 2+ years of experience with MS degree in related scientific discipline.
- Broad expertise with molecular- and cell-biology assays and techniques.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, preferable stem cell culture.
- Experience with immunology, cancer or differentiation research.
- Diligence, and meticulous attention to detail in experimentation and record keeping.
- Willingness to learn and enthusiasm to be part of the development of a cutting-edge therapy platform.
- Experience with functional immune cell assays.
- Experience with NK cells.
- Experience with therapeutic antibodies.
- Experience with stem cell biology.
- Experience with mammalian cell differentiation.
- Adept at managing and executing multiple projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Research and Development