Astellas Pharma Scientist, Exosomes in Seattle, Washington
Universal Cells is now part of Astellas!
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Scientist, Exosomes opportunity at their Universal Cells facility in Seattle, WA.
Universal Cells is seeking an innovative and highly motivated R&D Scientist for Exosome research, to develop novel strategies and to leverage exosome research in stem cell-based therapeutics. Methods will be established to isolate and characterize exosomes from human pluripotent stem cells.
Displays strong investigative or technological orientation with independence of experimental design by performing complex analytical procedures and implementing new techniques.
May oversee other research staff in the execution, design and interpretation of experiments. Contributes to the scientific literature, external conferences and/or scientific patents, where applicable. Provides consultation to internal Research and Development groups. May lead some aspect of a project in a small lab group. Has good presentation, written and oral communication skills.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Design and execute experiments to isolate and characterize exosomes from human pluripotent stem cells.
- Initiate and explore exosome research areas that synergize with existing programs.
- Demonstrate strong level of understanding of project goals and methods.
- Maintain familiarity with scientific literature and apply knowledge appropriately to research project.
- Present results, interpret data, and draw conclusions from experimental work.
- Collaborate with teams within Universal Cells and at other Astellas locations.
- PhD degree and 3+ years of post-graduate experience in cell biology, stem cell biology, cancer biology, or immunology Or MS with 6+ or BS with 8+ of highly relevant cell biology, stem cell biology, cancer biology, or immunology experience.
- Experience with flow cytometry and exosome research.
- Broad experience with mammalian cell culture, cell biological, and protein assays.
- Experience with exosome biology.
- Experience with cell biology, immunology, cancer research.
- Experience with human pluripotent stem cell cultures and differentiation.
- Experience with gene-editing and cell engineering.
- Experience with animal models.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Research and Development