Astellas Pharma Scientist, Core Technologies in Seattle, Washington
Universal Cells is now part of Astellas!
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Scientist, Core Technologies opportunity at their Universal Cells facility in Seattle, WA.
This individual will contribute to the further molecular engineering and characterization of our HLA-edited Universal Donor Cells. They will work as a key member on a fast paced team to develop molecular and cellular assays to characterize our proprietary Universal Donor Cells.
Displays strong investigative or technological orientation with independence of experimental design in both cases by performing complex analytical procedures and implementing new techniques.
May oversee lower level researchers in the execution, design and interpretation of experiments. Contributes to the scientific literature, external conferences and/or scientific patents, where applicable. Provides consultation to internal Research and Development groups. May lead some aspect of a project in a small lab group. Has good presentation, written, and oral communication skills.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and routinely execute standard analytical assays including genotyping PCR/qPCR and flow cytometry.
- Performing standard molecular biology techniques including primer design, molecular cloning, and Sanger sequencing.
- Compiling and analyzing data.
- Summarizing and presenting data in both oral and written formats.
- Self-motivated with good time management skills.
- Team player; working effectively with various team members and other departments.
- As part of a busy team, with minimal guidance, this role will work on multiple components of a project in the lab, interacting with multiple functions or research groups. Collaboration and teamwork is necessary for optimal performance.
- BS with 8+ years of experience
- MS with 6+ years of experience
- Ph.D. with 0-3 year's laboratory experience.
- Experience with Southern blots and viral vector packaging
- Experience with Next Generation sequencing assays
- Experience mentoring and training junior researchers
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Research and Development