Astellas Pharma Research Associate II/Sr. Research Associate, Core Technologies, Vector Production in Seattle, Washington
Universal Cells is focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. We conduct clinical-grade gene editing of stem cells and have a major effort in R&D. We design and produce stem cells that avoid rejection, and we engineer cells with improved therapeutic properties, all through our world-class gene editing platform.
Our goal is to provide cells for regenerative medicine applications that can treat all patients. Through internal R&D and our corporate partnerships, we are pursuing a diverse range of disease indications, including blindness, cancer, vascular insufficiency, and autoimmune diseases.
Universal Cells (UCI) is announcing a Research Associate II/Sr. Research Associate, Core Technologies, Vector Production opportunity at their facility in Seattle, WA.
The primary purpose of Research Associates working (RA II and Senior RA) for our Core Technologies Department is to support the molecular engineering of our gene edited Universal Donor Cells. They will work as a key team member on a fast-paced team to assist with Adeno-Associated Virus production and the development and execution of molecular assays to characterize our proprietary gene edited cells.
Universal Cells is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Astellas Pharma. Astellas is an R&D-driven global pharmaceutical company whose philosophy is to contribute to the improvement of people's health around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Performing plasmid DNA isolation and producing Adeno-Associate Virus under controlled conditions following SOPs and with detailed real-time documentation.
- Routinely performing standard molecular biology techniques including primer design, molecular cloning, gDNA isolation, PCR, and Sanger sequence analysis.
- Compile, analyze, and summarize data; be able to present data in both oral and written formats.
- Collaborates with members of the R&D teams and with other teams within Universal Cells.
- Performs other duties as assigned or special projects as needed.
Research Associate II: BS degree with 3+ years or MS with 0-2 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Senior Research Associate: BS degree with 5+ years or MS with 2+ years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Extensive experience with aseptic mammalian cell culture and molecular cloning.
- Ability to troubleshoot and apply critical thinking
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills with scientific attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and ability to effectively collaborate with other teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think critically about experiments and results
- Keen organizational skills and the ability to maintain accurate and up to date records
- Strong work ethic with a passion for working in a fast-paced, dynamic and diverse work environment
- Familiarity with Good Documentation Practices and working within Quality Systems
- Experience with AAV production
- Experience running Southern blots
- Radiation safety certification
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Research and Development