Astellas Pharma Research Associate II, R&D in Seattle, Washington
Universal Cells is focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. We conduct clinical-grade gene editing of stem cells and have a major effort in R&D. We design and produce stem cells that avoid rejection, and we engineer cells with improved therapeutic properties, all through our world-class gene editing platform.
Our goal is to provide cells for regenerative medicine applications that can treat all patients. Through internal R&D and our corporate partnerships, we are pursuing a diverse range of disease indications, including blindness, cancer, vascular insufficiency, and autoimmune diseases.
Universal Cells is announcing a Research Associate II, R&D opportunity at their facility in Seattle, WA.
The primary purpose of the Research Associate II is to conduct research associated with isolating and characterizing exosomes from human pluripotent stem cells. This position will work primarily in a laboratory setting with Scientist and R&D teams.
Universal Cells is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Astellas Pharma. Astellas is an R&D-driven global pharmaceutical company whose philosophy is to contribute to the improvement of people's health around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Culture and maintain human pluripotent stem cells and other cell lines.
- Isolate and characterize exosomes using a variety of techniques such as flow cytometry, western blot, image analysis, and other assays.
- Assists in assay development to characterize exosomes in vitro and in vivo.
- Performs experiments independently with careful attention to detail, accurately records procedure/data/results in a timely manner, notes and reports experiments/results that may be out of trend.
- Interprets data, draws conclusions from experimental work, and presents in team meetings.
- Collaborates with other members of the R&D team, with other teams within Universal Cells.
- Involved with R&D laboratory management and operation.
- Performs other duties as assigned or special projects as needed.
- BS degree with 3+ years or MS with 0-2 years of laboratory experience
- Experience with molecular- and cell-biology assays and techniques, e.g. flow cytometry, Western Blot
- Experience in human pluripotent stem cell culture and other mammalian cell cultures
- Diligence and meticulous attention to detail in experimentation and record keeping
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Willingness to learn and enthusiasm to be part of the development of a cutting-edge therapy platform
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with supervision and ability to effectively collaborate with other teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work weekends as needed
- Experience with exosome biology
- Experience with stem cell biology
- Experience with immunology, cancer or differentiation research
- Experience with gene-editing and cell engineering
- Experience with animal models.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Research and Development