Astellas Pharma Research Associate 2, Process Development in Seattle, Washington
Universal Cells is now part of Astellas!
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Research Associate 2, Process Development opportunity at their Universal Cells facility in Seattle, WA.
Universal Cells carries out AAV-mediated gene-editing of pluripotent stem cells using non-GMP processes in a controlled manufacturing environment. The Process Development Research Associate 2 will work as part of a team evaluating processes, and planning/executing experiments to improve all aspects of culturing, gene-editing, and engineering of pluripotent stem cells.
The Research Associate 2 will acquire further versatility in routine procedures, technical knowledge, understanding of administrative operations, and general troubleshooting. Will assist with complex laboratory operations and take on more responsibility to provide content for various documents and reports. Will be able to execute protocols with minimal guidance and will have the ability to summarize results independently.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Support the process development team as well as other departments with the maintenance of pluripotent stem cell cultures
- Exhibit working knowledge and understanding of aseptic cell culture technique and processing
- Assist with the design, and execute complex experiments utilizing and adhering to internal and published procedures, including AAV-mediated gene-editing of pluripotent stem cells
- Cross-train on batch documentation and protocols to support the cell editing Production team
- Detailed record-keeping and ability to follow established SOPs
- Analyze and communicate results in both oral and written formats by participating in group meeting preparations and presentations
- Collaborate to establish and transfer manufacturing processes
- Maintain familiarity with scientific literature and apply appropriately to research projects
- Show willingness to learn new protocols, relevant equipment, and related software
- Ensure day-to-day operations of the cell culture lab
- BS degree with 3+ years of laboratory experience
- MS with 0-2 years of laboratory experience
- General lab experience and solid working knowledge of aseptic mammalian cell culture technique, pluripotent stem cell experience preferred
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently yet also as a team player
- Detail-oriented and diligent record-keeping ability
- Smart, hard-working, and engaged to work as part of project teams as well as independently on daily tasks
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Research and Development