Astellas Pharma Research Associate 2, Cell Editing in Seattle, Washington
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Research Associate 2, Cell Editing opportunity at their Universal Cells facility in Seattle, WA.
Universal Cells carries out AAV-mediated gene-editing of pluripotent stem cells using a non-GMP Qualified Manufacturing Process (QMP). The Cell Editing RA 2 will work as part of a team evaluating, planning, and executing all aspects of gene-editing and engineering of pluripotent stem cells.
Will acquire further versatility in routine procedures, technical knowledge, understanding of administrative operations, and general troubleshooting. Will assist with complex laboratory operations and take on more responsibility to provide content for various documents and reports. Will be able to execute protocols with minimal guidance, and the ability to summarize results independently.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Cell culture and aseptic processing in a GMP-like manufacturing environment.
- AAV-mediated gene-editing of pluripotent stem cells.
- Data collection and analysis for cell culture and gene-editing processes.
- Design and execution of complex experiments.
- Support Process Development to establish and transfer manufacturing processes.
- Lead group meeting preparations and presentations.
- Ensure day-to-day operations of the QMP cell culture lab.
- Maintains familiarity with scientific literature and applies appropriately to research projects.
- BS degree with 3+ years
- MS with 0-2 years of laboratory experience
- Strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills with attention to details.
- Ability to work independently yet also a team player.
- Excellent record-keeping ability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Research and Development