Astellas Pharma Research Associate 2, Cell Differentiation in Seattle, Washington
Universal Cells is now part of Astellas!
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Research Associate 2, Cell Differentiation opportunity at their Universal Cells facility in Seattle, WA.
We are seeking a highly-motivated and energetic Research Associate to join our R&D team to precisely edit and differentiate human pluripotent stem cells and perform phenotypic assays to guide choices for future clinical-grade therapeutic products.
This person will acquire further versatility in routine procedures, more technical knowledge, and more understanding of administrative operations, some troubleshooting. They will assist with more complex laboratory operation projects, and will take on more responsibility to provide content for various documents and reports. They will be able to execute protocols with some guidance, and will have ability to summarize results independently.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Culture and differentiate edited pluripotent stem cell lines into mature hematopoietic and immune cell types.
- Phenotype differentiated cells using flow cytometry, imaging and gene expression analyses.
- Collaborate with other members of the R&D team who generate engineered cells and assess cell function.
- Collaborate with the PD team at Universal Cells to translate processes towards clinical applications.
- Perform experiments with careful attention to detail and accurately record procedures, data and results.
- Collaborate with supervisory personnel to design experiments and select appropriate methods and techniques to accomplish them.
- Interpret data, draw conclusions from experimental work, and present results in team meetings.
- Assist with R&D laboratory management and operation.
- 3+ years of experience with BS degree in related scientific discipline.
- 0-2 years of experience with MS degree in related scientific discipline.
- Broad expertise with mammalian cell culture.
- Experience with flow cytometry.
- Diligence, and meticulous attention to detail in experimentation and record keeping.
- Willingness to learn and enthusiasm to be part of the development of a cutting-edge therapy platform.
- Experience with pluripotent stem cell culture.
- Experience with mammalian cell differentiation.
- Experience with hematopoietic and immune cells.
- Experience with cell imaging and gene expression analyses.
- Adept at managing and executing multiple projects.
- Experience working in a regulated clinical/production environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Research and Development