Astellas Pharma Operations Administrative Assistant in Seattle, Washington
Universal Cells is focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. We conduct clinical-grade gene editing of stem cells and have a major effort in R&D. We design and produce stem cells that avoid rejection, and we engineer cells with improved therapeutic properties, all through our world-class gene editing platform.
Our goal is to provide cells for regenerative medicine applications that can treat all patients. Through internal R&D and our corporate partnerships, we are pursuing a diverse range of disease indications, including blindness, cancer, vascular insufficiency, and autoimmune diseases.
Universal Cells (UCI) is announcing an Operations Administrative Assistant opportunity at their facility in Seattle, WA.
The primary purpose of the Operations Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support to the operations of the business and to represent Universal Cells, an Astellas Company, as the primary point of contact for visitors, guests, employees and/or contractors arriving at the office or calling into the offices for business related purposes. This position will work with Universal Cells management team and employees to ensure efficient operations of the front desk systems, procedures and operations processes.
Universal Cells is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Astellas Pharma. Astellas is an R&D-driven global pharmaceutical company whose philosophy is to contribute to the improvement of people's health around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for answering office phone, directing inquiries to the appropriate Universal Cells staff, directing calls/taking messages and greeting guests and visitors with professionalism and confidence.
- Coordinate with Hiring Managers and Human Resources for scheduling interviews, creating agendas, setting up new hire desks, special projects, etc.
- Provide support as needed for general office meetings, events, employee activites, etc.
- Handle the set-up and tear-down of office events, prepping for meetings, which may involve setting up beverages/refreshments/IT equipment/additional seating/meeting materials, etc.
- Process and distribute mail and packages
- Maintain inventory and re-stock office and kitchen supply
- Maintain overall appearance of workspace, common areas, conference rooms, etc.
- Print and place Outlook calendars outside conference rooms
- Keep and check inventory for First Aid Kits
- Maintain printer toner cartridges and printer paper
- Administer key cards for building access for all Universal Cells areas for staff, visitors and contractors
- Maintain parking assignments and space allocation for Universal Cells
- Additional tasks may include, but not limited to, back-up for Operations team related to general office support
- Perform other duties as assigned or special projects as needed
- Associates degree with 2+ years of experience or equivalent related experience
- Strong verbal and written communication, instincts, and common sense
- Strong can-do attitude, sense of urgency with problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to deliver consistently high quality and professional customer service to both internal and external customers, to include employees, contractors, visitors and guests
- Reliability and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with an ability to work well with others
- Acute attention to detail. Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated skills in office organization and time management
- Able to effectively work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Able to demonstrate reliability and dependability through regular and predictable attendance
- Able to learn processes/systems quickly
- Able to set priorities and manage time, manage multiple projects and/or assignments
- Be able to effectively multi-task and reprioritize as needed; follow through on commitments.
- Excellent sense of humor and friendly demeanor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled