Astellas Pharma Lead Materials Technician in Seattle, Washington
Universal Cells is focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. We conduct clinical-grade gene editing of stem cells and have a major effort in R&D. We design and produce stem cells that avoid rejection, and we engineer cells with improved therapeutic properties, all through our world-class gene editing platform.
Our goal is to provide cells for regenerative medicine applications that can treat all patients. Through internal R&D and our corporate partnerships, we are pursuing a diverse range of disease indications, including blindness, cancer, vascular insufficiency, and autoimmune diseases.
Universal Cells (UCI) is announcing a Lead Materials Technician opportunity at their facility in Seattle, WA.
The primary purpose of the Lead Materials Technician is to efficiently and effectively provide an uninterrupted flow of supply and equipment to support Universal Cells lab operations. This individual will perform a variety of duties including general lab stock / inventory, warehousing, some building and equipment maintenance support, within a biological lab environment. Will support all environmental health and safety requirements, associated with inventory and materials management.
Universal Cells is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Astellas Pharma. Astellas is an R&D-driven global pharmaceutical company whose philosophy is to contribute to the improvement of people's health around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Performs inventory control processes to include: cycle counts, material stocking, and replenishment.
- Manages material expiry, allocation and maintains material condition requirements.
- Quantifies and maintains materials in related storage areas on each floor for the facility.
- Participates in the receiving of incoming raw materials and prepares final product shipments for couriers.
- Records material handling data and information in a clear, concise, format according to Universal Cells procedures.
- Manages receipt and delivery to inventory laboratory and GxP stock items.
- Supports the development and compliance of policies and procedures in the areas of inventory control, receiving, storage and distribution, of supplies throughout the facility.
- May assist Facilities team with building and office workspace alteration projects in partnership with end-users and relevant stakeholders within the business.
- May support preventive maintenance programs, upgrades, and repairs. Assets will include facility spaces, cleanrooms, utilities, equipment, building automation.
- Communicates urgent facility, environmental, health and safety issues to Ops management team.
- May perform some purchasing duties and be a back-up for purchasing and the Operations team as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or special projects as needed.
- Education and background:
- HS Diploma or equivalent, with 4-5 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate functional teams
- Construction execution / supervision / administration experience in commercial buildings
- Good written and verbal communication skills and experience communicating with all organizational levels
- Strong can-do attitude, sense of urgency with problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Reliability and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with an ability to work well with others
- Demonstrated skills in office organization and time management
- Able to effectively work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Able to demonstrate reliability and dependability through regular and predictable attendance
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs
- Must be able to use basic tools related to warehouse and/or materials management
- Experience working in commercialized biopharmaceutical operation in the facilities operations
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Research and Development