Astellas Pharma Associate Director, Differentiation Research in Seattle, Washington
Universal Cells is now part of Astellas!
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Director, Differentiation Research opportunity at their Universal Cells facility in Seattle, WA.
The Associate director directs R&D efforts to produce differentiated cell types from pluripotent stem cells. Current programs focus on the production of different types of hematopoietic cells, with the ultimate goal of developing cell therapy products for clinical use.
Responsible for leading cross-functional research and development teams to ensure operational excellence/quality in the design, execution and completion of studies/projects. Oversees and manages scientists and research associates. May participate in global/local regenerative medicine initiatives, including due diligence teams.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the execution of R & D programs designed to produce differentiated cell types from pluripotent stem cells.
- Oversees and manages a team of scientists and research associates conducting differentiation research.
- Collaborates with cross-disciplinary teams, academic collaborators, and external corporate partners to achieve research goals.
- Prepares documentation and research summaries to explain and describe R& D differentiation programs, and presents these to the CSO and other executives.
- Attends scientific meetings relevant to these efforts and represents Universal Cells.
- Participates in the generation of new intellectual property.
- Inspires individuals while holding them accountable for project delivery.
- BS with 15+ years of highly relevant experience will be considered. MS with 10+, Ph.D. with 8+.
- At least 5 years management experience in the field of pluripotent stem cells either in academia or corporate roles.
- Strong knowledge and research experience in hematopoiesis and pluripotent stem cells.
- Must have an interest in cell therapy.
- Proven leadership skills and effective written and verbal communication skills.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Research & Development