Astellas Pharma Assistant, Purchasing/Receiving in Seattle, Washington
Universal Cells is now part of Astellas!
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Administrative Assistant, Purchasing/Receiving opportunity at their Universal Cells facility in Seattle, WA.
The main function of this role is to facilitate all standard Lab Supply ordering/purchasing, receiving and inventory management for laboratory materials at Universal Cells. The person will support operations, QA, facilities with ordering/receiving functions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ordering and receiving of all laboratory consumables through the Ariba system.
- Will work closely with Materials management to assure appropriate levels of compliance for lab supplies and raw materials.
- Coordinate deliveries and distribution of packages to appropriate end users and locations in promptly due to heat sensitivity issues for many deliveries.
- Inventory management; maintain and oversee inventories for optimal business function.
- Timely restocking of all Production-Grade materials for optimal lab work flow.
- Will work closely with Materials manager and QA to ensure the appropriate storage of materials in Quarantine status until release and to ensure incoming raw materials undergo appropriate QA inspection prior to release
- Point of contact to receive and organize all vendor documentation for deliveries. Track shipments, communicate updates to team members and follow up with resolution for any back-orders/delivery issues, any purchasing issues, re-orders, returns, refunds etc.
- Participate in internal team meetings to help identify any potential changes to purchasing flow; materials, material documentation etc. May take meeting minutes and communicate outcomes to impacted teams.
- Point person to keep track of MyContract submittals.
- Team with Operations & Facilities for large delivery coordination for smooth running operations.
- Project as assigned; this person will work closely with multiple departments, Operations, QA, Facilities on special projects and duties; may include, organization, coordinating and assisting in company events, operational initiatives and facilities projects, etc.
- AA with 2+ years' experience or equivalent related experience
- Strong verbal and written communication; able to work well in a team.
- Can-do attitude with sense of urgency. Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Interpersonal skills to develop and manage relationships with internal customers and suppliers
- Organized with ability to think strategically with good quantitative skills; basic math, attention to detail with invoices, PO numbers, pricing, etc.
- Multi-tasking and strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize as necessary
- Ability to work as part of a team and can also work independently
- Experience with Purchase Order creation and management through electronic purchasing system.
- Experience with Ariba purchasing system a plus!
- Team player, works effectively with many different kinds of personalities
- Very organized and ability to work independently
- Reliable, dependable and enjoys working in fast-paced environment
- Excellent sense of humor and friendly demeanor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Administrative Assistance