Astellas Pharma Primary Care- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative-Job Share - Orange County, CA in Orange County, California
Purpose & Scope:
In this flexible work schedule role, work 50% FT in a job-share position to achieve territory sales goals by collaborating with an in-territory partner to promote Astellas products and services to physicians and other medical personnel within assigned geography. Educate customers on the use, characteristics, advantages, indicated treatments and all other developments related to promoted products. Professionally represent Astellas in the field and ensure high levels of visibility and customer satisfaction in territory. Maintain effective communication and relationships with key external and internal customers.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Effectively promote and educate targeted primary care and specialty physicians/HCPs on the use of Astellas' products through one-on-one meetings and group presentations, company-approved promotional speaker programs, and other company-approved means.
- Work full time on designated days in the week, supported by office time as needed for call planning, customer follow-up, preparing presentations, making appointments, report generation, etc.
- Ensure solid performance levels of call and field productivity. Meet Call Plan expectations and achieve territory product sales goals while adhering to all APUS-defined ethical sales practices, Compliance guidelines, and required promotional regulations
- Execute company-approved Product Marketing plans and territory/regional business plan activities
- Support targeted customers using company-approved resources, sales materials, and promotional activities/programs/initiatives as identified by Sales Management
- Coordinate promotional efforts with peers across franchises and co-promotion alliance partners. This includes appropriately managing/maintaining all company equipment and company-approved promotional materials (e.g., sales materials, company literature, product samples, etc) according to defined company Compliance guidelines
- Achieve territory product sales goals while adhering to all APUS-defined ethical sales practices, Compliance guidelines, and required promotional regulations
- Ensure territory sales strategy execution using annual territory business plan, regional business plan, and call activity reports
- Accurately report/submit sales call activities, territory expenses and written reports and within deadline as defined by Astellas or the Regional Sales Manager
- Attend all company-sponsored sales and medical meetings as directed by company management.
- Additional duties as needed
- This position is responsible for achieving both territory product sales goals and territory sales activity goals through company defined metrics
It is important for individual's in this position to actively pursue continuous learning and professional sales development on effective sales and communication techniques and product/therapeutic area knowledge.
This position: * is a customer facing sales position * Reports to Regional Sales manager * Maintains territory responsible for managing Astellas' primary care products * Works closely with an in-territory partner and with specialty counterparts within geography * Balances territory and regional work and projects, while maintaining solid level of sales performance * Exhibits strong level of skill in competencies * Demonstrates sales influence within territory and at times within region
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years pharmaceutical primary care product selling experience
- Strong knowledge of sales processes and pharmaceutical products and industry
- Solid communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Proactive; can do approach
- Demonstrates problem solving ability; analytical; business acumen
- Demonstrated examples of strong collaboration and teamwork
- Solid motivational and persuasion skills
- Demonstrates team orientation and leadership
- Proven record of sustained high sales performance and achievement
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ability to travel at least up to 50% of the time; and at times overnight travel
- Valid driver's license in good standing
- No criminal convictions resulting in suspension/revocation of driving privileges within the last 3 years
- Prior work experience in a job-share position
- Knowledge of promoting specialty urology products
- Advanced degree or continued education
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled