Astellas Pharma Sr MS Communications Dir in Northbrook, Illinois
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Sr. Marketing Strategy Communications Director
Purpose & Scope:
The Marketing Strategy Communications position is responsible for developing integrated, global communication strategy for the priority products of Astellas. The strategy will drive product understanding and differentiation in specific therapeutic areas among key stakeholder audiences, as well as will affect Astellas' public policy, business and reputational goals. The work requires cross-functional partnerships, coordination across the Regional, Corporate (API) communication, and advocacy functions. The Marketing Strategy Communications role will work with different cross-functional product teams (GPST, Medical and Development team). This position serves as strategic counsel to the therapeutic area and product strategy teams, ensuring the integration of external and internal communication strategy in the integrated global brand plan. He/She also serves as a strategic advisor to Head of MS regarding communication strategy and support internal MS communication to team members. It is a critical role, given the broad geographic spread of the MS NPP team.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develop long term, global communication for the GPSTs
- Create broad cross-functional alignment throughout the strategy process. Ensure alignment with strategy throughout the execution phase
- Provide communication and expert counsel on competing markets and competitors.
- Lead strategic communications planning and be responsible for development and delivery of messages related to pre- and post-launch milestone activities, such as global message platform, awareness programs organizations
- Develop partnership with internal communication teams to ensure alignment and seamless implementation of the strategy
- Explore partnership opportunities for the product portfolio with key third party groups and opinion leaders
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and increased leverage of internal and external stakeholder audiences to ensure consistent messaging across stakeholders.
- Provides strategic counsel on integrated PR/product communications and advocacy matters as, appropriate.
- Develop and drive internal MS communication and outreach activities to remote MS team members
This position has critical impact on the success of external and internal communication by creating clear guidance for the global and regional teams, and ensures aligned, One Astellas Voice execution. This position will drive vendor selection and overall budget efficiency for the AST pipeline and inline products.
This position reports into the Head of MS (solid line), with a dotted line into Corporate Affairs. The position will work closely with the MS Leadership Team, GPST, Regional Leadership Teams, API and Regional Communication and Advocacy Teams.
- BS or BA degree with 12 years of communication, public relations experience on global level
- Experience in therapeutic area marketing, public relations coalition development
- Media relations experience and strong communication abilities including presentation, verbal and written skills.
- Established relationships with industry, business, media and stakeholders
- Strong leadership abilities and proven ability to manage budget programs and multiple agencies.
- Able to handle multiple priorities, establishing and maintaining effective and efficient channels of communication with new media and opinion leaders.
- Able to develop a proactive approach to maintain effective, current and relevant communication plans.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 20-25%.
- Understanding of and experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Proven experience in effectively communicating with top-level executives
- Demonstrates strategic agility and excellent judgment
- Experience in people and cross-functional matrix management
- Experience in specific therapeutic areas (Oncology, Urology, Immunology, Infectious Disease, Cardiology)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Marketing Strategy