Astellas Pharma Senior Marketing Manager Oncology in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Senior Marketing Manager - Oncology in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
The Senior Product Manager, Patient and Allied Healthcare Professional (AHP) Marketing for PADCEV (enfortumab vedotin-ejfv) will be a critical member of the US brand team. This position is responsible for tactical execution in support of PADCEV's recent launch and commercial planning for an anticipated second indication. Responsibilities include but are not limited to creating health literacy focused disease and/or branded patient awareness and education materials, supporting patient knowledge of and adherence to PADCEV, evaluating patient relationship marketing approaches, identifying and implementing critical AHP tactics, overseeing the brand's commercial presence at key congresses and working with the Insights team to identify relevant patient and AHP insights. This person is responsible for flawless execution of promotional tactics working in close collaboration with internal and external partners, including our commercial partner Seattle Genetics, the sales force, other members of the brand team, vendors, and internal stakeholders across functions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Lead tactical execution of promotional strategy for patient and AHP marketing initiatives in collaboration with external and internal partners.
- Support commercial planning for an anticipated new indication and label update for PADCEV in bladder cancer.
- Partner with Insights team to analyze performance of AHP/patient marketing programs on an ongoing basis; Ensure plans are optimized as needed to improve impact and develop recommendations for future plans based on metrics and impact.
- Manage the brand's commercial presence at major conferences, including, but not limited to: ASCO, ASCO GU and ONS
- Serve as liaison with sales, operations and sales training in the implementation of patient and AHP marketing programs to support successful field sales efforts.
- Liason with Stakeholder Engagement and Advocacy to ensure strategic alignment.
- Ensure that materials and programs are highly effective and compliant by owning projects through the Medical, Legal and Regulatory review process.
- Manage outside agencies in the following capacities: project estimate development, time management, and execution of project components, management recommendation and assuring consistency with Astellas goals, direction, and ethics.
- Track and manage detailed budget for responsible tactics
- Ensure all work is completed in an ethical and compliant manner.
- Implement other initiatives as assigned.
Sales Budget: Directly impacted by the number of critical strategic objectives that are successfully addressed with appropriate and successfully executed tactical solutions
A and P Budget: Directly impacted by the efficient use of resources including: management of vendors, negotiation for services both internally and externally and monitoring of budget.
While tactical execution is the primary responsibility of this role, the successful candidate will also leverage insights to generate ideas and should significantly influence the development of the strategic plan within the assigned areas and beyond. This position reports to the Director, Oncology Marketing. This position does not have any direct reports.
- Bachelors degree
- 8 plus years of related, relevant experience (i.e., marketing, sales, market research, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to be a high-level contributor or leader of a project, process or function.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to use analytical skills and critical thinking to diagnosis business issues and incorporate into development or adjustment of marketing plans
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrates ability to influence peers and key stakeholders within and outside the organization
- Ability to present complex issues to higher-level management.
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- MBA degree
- Knowledge of the oncology market and/or past patient and/or AHP marketing experience. (strongly preferred)
- Knowledge of and recent experience in launching a drug
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled