Astellas Pharma Senior Marketing Manager Oncology in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Senior Marketing Manager Oncology in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
The Senior Marketing Manager of Health Care Provider (HCP) Promotion for XTANDI will be a key member of the brand team. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development and ongoing refinement of the core HCP promotional messaging based on market knowledge, customer insights, and brand strategy. The candidate will lead implementation of promotional materials and marketing direction for the sales force by working in close collaboration with Sales Leadership and Operations, Sales Training, Market Research, Regulatory, Legal, Medical Affairs, other members of the brand team (including our collaboration partner), and external agencies.
Specific responsibilities will evolve based on the lifecycle of the brand and competencies required on specific projects.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and execution of HCP promotional strategy, messaging and tactics to overcome business obstacles, drive market share, and achieve sales targets. Continually seek opportunities to innovate and bring ideas to realization. Measure effectiveness on an ongoing basis and recommend & implement changes accordingly.
- Serve as liaison with Sales and Sales Training in the implementation of marketing programs to support successful field sales efforts.
- Develop strong relationships with sales leadership and operations to align on objectives, planning and execution.
- Ensure that materials and programs are highly effective and compliant by owning projects through the Medical, Legal and Regulatory review process.
- Collaborate with market research on the design and assessment of brand projects; leverage and share insights to improve tactics.
- Manage outside agencies in the following capacities: Strategy and tactical planning, project estimate development, time management, and execution of projects, and assuring consistency with product positioning, brand guidelines, Astellas goals, direction, and ethics.
- Lead the development of the annual brand and tactical plan for HCP promotion.
- Ensure all work is completed in an ethical and compliant manner.
This position will directly impact the sales performance for XTANDI. It will also directly impact the A&P budget based on the efficient use of resources including management of vendors, negotiation for services, and monitoring of budget. It will also indirectly contribute to the sales of other oncology and other franchise brand sales by collaborating across brands to share and leverage best practices across Astellas.
This individual will report to the Director, XTANDI Marketing. This position will need to fully develop working relationships with our collaboration partner and internal colleagues from other departments. This role requires high levels of collaboration for success and will need to be consistently demonstrated through the sharing of ideas that leads to creative strategies and implementation of solutions.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7 plus years of related, relevant experience (i.e., marketing, sales, sales training, market research, etc.).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to proactively manage competing priorities
- Ability to present and discuss complex issues to higher level management
- Experience owning projects through the Medical, Legal and Regulatory review process, preferably for a partnered product
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- MBA degree or other related graduate-level degree
- Oncology and Urology experience, including experience in prostate cancer
- Pharmaceutical sales experience
- Experience working in a partnership / co-promotion
- Experience in support of a launch
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled