Astellas Pharma Senior Manager Revenue, Commercial Finance US in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Senior Manager Revenue, Commercial Finance US in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
This position serves as a key liaison between Finance/Accounting and Health Systems for gross-to net sales accounting. This position is responsible and owns the gross-to-net sales accounting,
analytics and subsequent reporting of results to Senior Management. This position is also responsible for ensuring GTN forecast alignment between Commercial Finance and Health Systems.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates monthly revenue accounting closes and ensures all liabilities are properly accrued for
- Ensures all underlying transactions generated are in accordance with accounting principles established by the Company
- Handles specific external auditor requests including oversight of quarterly revenue related Trial Balance account review
- Preparation of detailed payment vs. accrual tracking reports and analyses
- Partners and coordinates all gross-to-net operational accounting and reporting activity, including cross-functional collaboration with numerous internal clients and departments
- Partners with Health Systems and Government Pricing to incorporate all known liabilities in monthly gross-to-net accruals
- Responsible for completion of monthly account analyses and monthly and quarterly gross-to-net reporting and analytics packages
- Collaborate with Finance and Health Systems to support recommendations to Senior Management regarding the gross-to-net budget and strategic direction that supports the Company's financial objectives
- Work collaboratively to perform detailed variance analysis to explain to internal customers forecast and gross-to-net variances
- Improve and maintain transparency of gross-to-net activities across functions
- Project Lead for automating and maintaining gross-to-net accrual and reporting activities
- Responsible for calculation and accounting for Astellas Pharma fees
- Actively monitor industry trends in order to continuously benchmark and subsequently elevate Astellas' functionality as it pertains to gross-to net accounting and sales forecasting
- Implement and maintain policies and procedures established for the department, including identified J-SOX controls
- Lead the maintenance / development of processes and tools to ensure GTN forecast alignment between Commercial Finance and Health Systems
- Partner with Health Systems, Government Pricing, Market Research, Brand Marketing and Management to ensure forecast models are properly capturing the correct GTN input variables and producing the optimal outputs
- US-Commercial Finance GTN liaison with Global Commercial Finance and Global Market Access and Pricing
- Autonomously address and resolve complex issues with internal customers under limited supervision from Senior Director, Commercial Finance
- Position is responsible for gross-to-net sales accounting with an annual budget of approximately $2+ billion and balance sheet liabilities of $500+ million. This position will have direct financial impact on financial forecasting activities.
This position reports to the Senior Director US Commercial Finance who reports to the Executive Director US Commercial Finance who reports to the Head of Commercial Finance.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years finance or accounting experience required
- Experience working within Sarbanes-Oxley environment
- Computer proficiency with desktop software in a Windows environment required
- Excellent skills in the following areas: organization, written and verbal communication, accuracy, and personal initiative
- MBA and/or CPA
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
- Forecast experience
- Model N, BPC and SAP experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled