Astellas Pharma Senior Manager, Project Management - Medical Affairs in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Senior Manager, Project Management - Medical Affairs opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
The Senior Manager, Project Management is responsible for providing logistical and tactical project management support for assigned projects across one or more Therapeutic Areas. The Senior Manager provides project management leadership and operational expertise to cross functional teams. The Sr. Project Manager collaborates with the Therapeutic Area Leader and product leads to ensure implementation and execution of project activities and quality deliverables as defined by the Medical Affairs Plans.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Provide project management expertise for Astellas Medical Affairs, Americas (MAA) Project/Product Teams.
Work closely with the designated Therapeutic Area Leader and Medical Affairs Product Team Lead to ensure project success through execution of key project activities as defined in the Medical Affairs Plan.
- Enable active cross-functional communication within team through appropriate methods; set meeting logistics, prepare meeting agendas and minutes, and provide meeting facilitation of appropriate Teams (M2AST, Regional Medical Teams, Working Teams, etc.) and Sub-teams (as appropriate), possibly including teams with external partners.
- Ensure project plans and activities are available to be integrated into higher level planning documents and calendars.
- Create, manage and monitor project timelines and milestones. Collect and report on product-level metrics.
- Monitor product-level contracting activities, such as Medical Affairs advisory boards, ISR's, consultants, and external vendors.
Coordinate and Facilitate the Core Medical Plan, MTP and Budget development processes.
Facilitate working meetings for plan and budget development, obtain input from necessary functions (HEOR, Clinical Ops, IME, Pubs, ISR, etc.), consolidate input, and coordinate cross-functional review processes.
- Ensure the plan and budget are maintained and updated as needed; identify, track, and report variance to budget / forecast.
- Create and maintain documents based on project, medical strategy and budget plans.
Provide project management support for other non-TA related projects or initiatives in support of the Medical Affairs Americas organization.
Assist in the creation of process improvements and help lead organizational change
- Share and adopt best practices to continually improve PM maturity in Medical Affairs
- Manage, monitor and report project tasks and milestones
- Manage, monitor and report project budget and spend status
- Measure and report team performance metrics
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 7+ years of Pharmaceutical R&D experience.
- Proven Project Management / Operational Management experience.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to manage multiple complex/layered projects and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to influence without supervision.
- Demonstrated high level of competence with MS Office applications and Project Planning software.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills to facilitate team discussions and drive optimal team performance.
- Master's degree in science or business with minimum of 5+ years' Pharmaceutical R&D experience.
- PMP certificate.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a global matrix environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Medical Affairs, Americas