Astellas Pharma Senior Manager HR Service Delivery in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture. There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company. Astellas is announcing a Senior Manager HR Service Delivery opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
- Manage a team to provide SAP Successfactors Talent Module support
- The HR Service Delivery Americas Lead is responsible for the management of the overall service delivered by the HR Operations function
- The role will sit within the Americas HR Operations Leadership Team and will involve working closely with the Senior Director HR Operations Americas to develop new initiates that drive high performance across HR Operations and the implementation of these initiatives
- The role will report to the Senior Director, HR Operations Americas and will work closely with other HR Operations teams, across the broader HR function and directly with the business
- Provide Oversight/ Manage the Astellas Americas Non-employee program (NEP)
Core Tasks, Responsibilities and Authority:
- Accountable for the effective and efficient delivery of HR services from the HR Operations function
- Accountable for the high performance of the HR Operations teams; providing leadership, role clarity and career development and monitoring team performance
- Accountable for the overall management of services provided by the HR Operations function (including resourcing, budgeting and compliance)
- Accountable for developing the annual HR Operations plan and budget, and continuously monitoring performance against objectives to ensure that identified HR KPIs are achieved
- Accountable for driving the implementation of initiatives from the Americas HR Operations Leadership team
- Manage the NEP team to ensure they are providing the highest quality of services and remain compliant with all applicable Astellas policies and SOPs.
- Accountable for the SAP SuccessFactors Talent Module support from HR Operations.
- Liaise with the HR Operations Leadership Team and Senior Director HR Operations Americas to develop and implement an integrated HR Operations strategy to align to business requirements and the overall HR strategy
Support the implementation and ongoing management of the new HR Operations organization including:
Service delivery design and standardization of processes
- Staff recruitment and selection
- Non-employee Program in the Americas
- Agree and implement service level agreements (SLA) across the enterprise and ensure monitoring, tracking and proper reporting on SLA metrics
- Work with the Continuous Improvement/ HR Project Delivery Lead to improve efficiencies and drive consistency across Americas HR Operations
- Develop the capability within HR Operations and establish a program to enhance skills and service levels, in partnership with Managers
- Monitor metrics to ensure that escalated issues about HR Operations Services are dealt with in an effective and timely manner
- Ensure proper budget performance and alignment
- Maintain and improve quality standards within the team as well as identifying and bringing forward opportunities for improvement, as appropriate
- Agree with Center of Expertise Leaders / HRBPs to add and / or modify suite of services provided by HR Operations; driven through any changes to scope using appropriate governance & change request processes
- Provide support for the end to end functional process across HR Operations in the Americas and assist with the liaising with the multiple IS support teams.
Ways of working:
- Provide guidance, support and insight to direct reports
- Work supportively and collaboratively with other teams
- Manage the ongoing performance of direct reports
- Build relationships and trust with key stakeholders
- Seek opportunities to grow services provided by Americas Shared Services
- Strive for consistency in the provision of services provided by Americas HR Operations Team
- Work Globally to encourage a growth mind-set across Shared Service Centres in other countries to develop greater depth of capability of what can be implemented in the Americas
- Employees at all levels within Astellas
- Centres of Expertise (CoE)
- HR Business Partner (HRBP)
- HRIS Teams
- Legal Teams
- Procurement Teams
- Americas HR Operations Leadership Team
- IS teams across the Globe
Specific Physical Abilities:
Some travel (including overnight stays)
Specific Environmental Factors:
- Based at the Americas Operations Headquarters -- Northbrook, IL
- Willing to work additional hours and/or travel as required by the business.
- Acts to support a culture where everything is done to enhance value to patients. Intentional about meeting/exceeding customer expectations.
- Proactively seeks feedback to improve service provision.
- Understands how personal/team objectives contribute to Astellas' strategy and functional goals.
- Balances 'bigger picture' goals and operational requirements, overcoming challenges/barriers to delivery.
Innovation & Change:
- Identifies improvements and generates new ideas, methods or solutions. Positively embraces change.
- Continuous improvement approach; takes personal ownership to improve ways of working and leverage/share best practice.
- Ability to work autonomously and make evidence-based decisions: judgement to know when to seek guidance or escalate
- Methodical with ability to prioritise and meet deadlines. Tenacious to follow up and resolve outstanding matters and explore options.
- Excellent attention to detail and financial awareness (raise/process/track Purchase Orders etc.)
- IT literate (Intermediate stage) to type/ create and edit reports, trackers etc. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and eLearning and online systems (e.g. LMS, ZINC, TMF etc. databases). Intranet and web.
- Good written and verbal communications including ability to prepare updates, summaries, emails to employees and managements.
Communication & Collaboration:
- Collaborates: values others views and perspective. Able to challenge respectfully and propose alternative solutions.
- Proactively shares knowledge, and adapts approach to build consensus and respect diverse views and cultures.
Developing & Inspiring:
- Proactively shares knowledge and best practice and encourages others to develop.
- Learns from own/others experience and proactively seeks to develop personal capability.
- Regularly seeks feedback on personal contribution and growth areas.
Working as One Astellas:
- Takes personal ownership and acts as a role model of ethics and compliance treating everyone with respect.
- Provides honest, constructive and timely feedback. Seeks feedback on own contribution and ways of working.
- Graduate CIPD/ working towards a CIPD or Certificate in Personnel Practice desirable or equivalent qualification or relevant HR experience
- Years of working experience: 8 -- 10+ years
- Experience in setting up and running Shared Service Centres
- Experience across core HR functions (e.g. Compensation, Benefits, Performance Management, etc.) with specific experience in HR process design, transaction support and employee administration
- Extensive HR process and transaction management experience
- A knowledge of HR metrics and their applicability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and at least another major European language
- Experience in the development and implementation of a range of continuous improvement projects, including both technology and process improvement
- Demonstrated knowledge of Project Management Tools and Techniques
- A broad understanding of the HR employee lifecycle
- Good understanding of employment law, its application and best practice.
- Proven excellent people manager with an ability to lead and motivate a team
- Experience of coaching employees and managers on employee lifecycle processes
- Track record of effectively delivering large scale HR services through a shared service team
- Experience of delivering to customer service targets within a complex environment
- Ability to multi-task and alter direction easily to accommodate changing priorities
- Sound judgement to manage conflicting priorities and manage client expectations.
- Experience of creating and managing a budget
- A widely used international language(s)
- Fluent in written and verbal business English
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Human Resources