Astellas Pharma Senior IT Infrastructure Manager in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Senior IT Infrastructure Manager opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
- Operates the management process of IT operation in relation to Data security and networks Operations to ensure efficient and effective service delivery of vendors and suppliers globally
- Manages service level of vendors and suppliers in relation to Data security and networks Operations to ensure high quality and reliability, securing IT service for internal customers and external users continuously
- Establishes good relationship with global service delivery vendors and suppliers in regards to IaaS, Server & Systems, to inform Astellas requirements and critical issues timely and effectively as the primary contact cooperating with their peers within Service Delivery Management and Vendor & Supplier Management group
- Collaborates with other Global Service Delivery Management Team to ensure that services in regards to Data security and networks Operations, continue to meet the changing demands of the business and the changes of service needs are presented to and agreed with the vendors in a timely manner
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operating and help in defining Infrastructure Hosting and DC Operations strategy, collaborating closely with global service delivery management team
- Responsible for defining IT services delivery framework and the metrics of SLAs globally for Infrastructure Hosting and DC Operations, cooperating with the service delivery management and vendor & supplier management leadership team.
- Responsible for monitoring, reviewing and driving performance of vendors and suppliers to meet SLAs, improving the performances globally for Data security and networks Operations (e.g. LAN/WAN, SEIM, SELM, SEP, patching, IDS/IPS and perimeter management)
- Responsible for ensuring security, integrity and confidentiality of services continuously concerning the Data security and networks Operations Services group
Execute (IT Operation and Support)
- Responsible for operating and help in defining service model globally, monitoring and improving the performances concerning the Data security and networks Operations group
- Responsible for identifying and classifying problems and incidents, and managing their impact on the business by minimizing the impact of incidents and maximizing the accessibility of services in regards to the Data security and networks Operations Services
- Responsible for issuing recommendations for improvement and creating a related request for change, identifying and monitoring performance improvement actions in a cost effective manner in regards to the Data security and networks Operations Services
- Responsible for operating innovative service delivery model in regards to Data security and networks Operations for contributing to secure a competitive advantage of Astellas global business
- In-depth knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library and IT service management
- In-depth knowledge of major modern infrastructure, networks, data security and information/communication technologies
- Experience with IT Infrastructure network processes and managing outsourced vendors.
- Extensive experience with (Cisco) LAN switches, Network Load Balancers, LAN Wireless controllers and WAPS, WAN Routers and WAN accelerators.
- Extensive experience network security appliances, (Cisco) ASA firewalls, IDS/IPS, and VPN Concentrators.
- Extensive experience with Telephony systems and equipment (e.g. Cisco Call manager, Unit, call center and e911)
- In-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical business and related business processes
- In-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical international regulations
- Knowledge of Finance and Accounting processes related to budget management
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience with at least 2 years' experiences working in a matrixed organization together with various internal globally-based stakeholders
- Work experience across multiple cultures and countries / regions is a plus
- Fluent in written and verbal business English
- A Bachelor's degree is required with an advanced degree or certification(s) preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Information Technology/Systems