Astellas Pharma Senior Analyst, Legal & IP Operations in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Senior Analyst, Legal & IP Operations opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope of Position:
The Legal & IP Operations Sr. Analyst is responsible to help drive peak operational performance by providing timely and high-quality support to the Legal, IP Legal and IP INV Divisions.
This role will support global budget reporting for Legal and IP Legal Divisions by gathering, consolidating and analyzing budget and legal spend performance of the Legal and IP Legal Divisions. This role will also summarize and analyze budget and financial results data for all legal expenses, including payroll and non-payroll related expenses.
This role is also responsible for managing processes to ensure data integrity at the legal matter level in the legal matter management and eBilling system, as well as managing timekeeper rates in the system.
This role will provide other Legal Operations support in areas, such as vendor management, technology, resource management, communications and special projects, as needed.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
The Legal & IP Operations Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Legal Financial Operations
- Support governance of financial management processes to achieve operational efficiency, including budget, spend, accrual and forecast processes
- Develop metrics and track performance on cost savings initiatives
- Support the process for monthly financial reviews at the legal matter detail level with members of the Legal and IP Legal teams
- Collaborate with outside counsel on timely invoice submission and accrual submission
- Conduct analysis to support monthly data validations
- Conduct monthly accrual process and validate accruals
- Prepare ongoing analysis of budget v spend on Legal Matter level detail
- Manage quarterly performance reporting process
- Support preparation of quarterly forecast detail and draft plan/budget projections
- Prepare ad hoc reporting as requested
- Legal Operations Support
- Partner with the Legal & IP Operations Director of Vendor Management to evaluate and improve law firm performance and governing processes with outside counsel to ensuring data integrity in legal spend management system and compliance with outside counsel guidelines
- Support certain aspects of technology implementation or governance and provide technical expertise as it relates to legal operations, as request
- Provide Legal Operations support as requested
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in managing finance operations in an in-house Legal and IP department of a multi-national company, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint to assist with producing high-quality analysis, documents and presentations
- Solid understanding of all types of legal matters and related budget/spend data and processes
- Deep level knowledge and experience with law department matter management and e-billing technologies
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills, including strong presentation and executive presence
- Strong project management experience/skills
- Strong leadership and planning skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to manage large workload, multi-task and focus on critical priorities and otherwise effectively meet client needs; Ability to produce high quality work under deadline pressures
- Team player and able to build relationships both internally and externally
- Strong organization and teamwork skills; Detail oriented, self-motivated and able to motivate others
- A strong commitment to integrity and professionalism and demonstrated passion for excellence
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled