Astellas Pharma Global Head of Records & Information Management in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Global Director Records & Information Management - Location, Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
- The Head of Records & Information Management is a critical senior leader who will bring leadership, knowledge and experience to enhance the global RIM Program. This role will focus on 1) developing and executing a global strategy to ensure RIM compliance within each function, region and affiliate, 2) establishing a governance program to audit and evaluate effectiveness of the program and 3) embracing RIM technology that promotes operational excellence
- Engage with senior leadership across the company to execute a RIM compliance strategy and manage change.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- RIM Program: Develop and implement a global records management strategy designed to comply with the company's policies and meet legal and regulatory obligations Ensure senior leaders are appropriately informed of RIM initiatives and the impact of compliance and change to their respective organizations
Enhance the global records management team by creating a structure to include business liaisons and records coordinators; Establish a network of business liaisons, records coordinators and/or records champions within the organization to help support local delivery and adoption of working practices, training and communications
Develop a communications plan to promote the RIM strategy as it relates to records retention and destruction policies for both paper and electronic records Evaluate records management processes for hard copy records throughout the company and recommend a consistent, effective and low cost strategy; Develop a program to manage on-site and off-site hard copy records storage that complies with corporate retention policies and industry standards and requirements Develop and implement global RIM training program that enhances employee's knowledge of Astellas' RIM policies and obligations, along with their role in managing their records and use of records systems to meet these obligations Manage budget and spend for RIM department * Governance: Develop and implement an auditing program to track and monitor compliance to the RIM Program, including policy, schedules and SOPs Develop a program to perform audits of physical records locations to ensure compliance with company and industry standards that includes a documented process to resolve any concerns Deliver reports and metrics from audits and RIM system that reports on the performance and effectiveness of the RIM program * Technology: Implement appropriate RIM technology that promotes process efficiency for the end user and promotes operational excellence Act as Business Sponsor for initiatives that support RIM technology upgrades, enhancements and/or implementation of new software Manage relationship with technology and other third party vendors providing RIM support * Project Management Oversee and provide project management support for RIM projects and initiatives
- Reports to Head of Legal Operations
- Responsible for the Global Records & Information Management (RIM) Program, including a global RIM policy and related schedules and standards, compliance plans, and governance.
- Works closely and collaborates with senior leadership across all functions of the company
- BS or BA, preferably in Business, Library/Information Science or related field, or related experience and/or training
- Ten (10)+ years of experience in developing, planning and implementing records and Information management programs in an international environment, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
- Five (5)+ years of management experience
- Industry related designation and /or certifications: hold one or more , recognized Records and Information Management training certifications and accreditations such as; AIIM ERM and ECM Specialist / Practitioner, AIIM Certified Information Professional (CIP), ARMA Information Governance Professional (IGP)
- Experience of (at least one) Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and records management systems, such as; IBM FileNet, Documentum, OpenText Content Server, Alfresco, HP Trim/RMS, MS SharePoint, Veeva VaultSolid
- Solid technical and excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Ability to undertake large, long-term projects and implement solutions
- Extensive knowledge of records procedures and records retention principles and practices
- Experience of Project Management methodologies and frameworks would be preferable; including PRINCE2 and Agile
- Experience of information management and architecture practices, including; taxonomies, classification schemes, and metadata management
- An awareness of international standards and specifications such as; ISO 15849, ISO 27001, MoReq2010
- Experience managing a global corporate Records Management program, strong knowledge of records management theories and principles
- Expert knowledge of regulations, legislation, standards and guidelines relating to global records management
- Experienced with records management software
- Experience managing off-site records storage vendors
- Experience in transitioning hard-copy record keeping processes to electronic record keeping processing including the conversion of hard copy data to electronic
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled