Astellas Pharma Executive Assistant, Medical Affairs, Oncology in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company. Astellas is announcing an Executive Assistant, Oncology opening in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
The primary focus of this position is to effectively provide administrative support to the Exec Medical Dir and/or department. This position functions as general ambassador and communication interface between teams and other departments and external contacts. Responsibilities include calendar management; document and presentation production / editing; travel logistics; preparation for external meetings and luncheons; expense report and purchasing processing; tracking; and general filing. Collects, coordinates and maintains confidential and sensitive information regarding personnel and products.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for administrative support for the respective Executive and/or department.
- Key characteristics include: customer service focused, proactive, flexible, approachable, patient, courteous, tactful and diplomatic.
- Routinely prepares and creates complex presentations taking advantage of appropriate software programs and available audio and video equipment.
- Ensures presentation is appropriate to meet the needs of the subject matter, the presenter and audience. Takes advantage of latest technology, using both internal and external resources.
- Routinely schedules meetings for multiple personnel and local off-site meetings, ensuring that all facilities adequately meet necessary requirements and are conveniently located.
- Frequent inter-departmental interaction. Interacts with internal personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between functional units.
- Frequent external interaction of moderate importance
- Provides administrative support including departmental correspondence and understands the daily management and operations of the computer and printer, phones and voice mail, mail, calendars, faxing, copying, and scanning. Is able to troubleshoot complex problems, make necessary adjustments and/or the ability to use many of the advanced features.
- Operates audio and video equipment with the ability to coordinate conferencing with large groups. Has the ability to use advanced features and external components of equipment with the ability to troubleshoot problems. Regularly uses multi-media projector.
- Prepares invoices, purchase orders, expense reports, makes travel arrangements with the ability to understand and coordinate complex travel schedules, files sensitive documents, and orders office supplies assuring proper levels are maintained with minimal direction.
- Coordinates oral and written communications on behalf of the departmental teams as requested by manager.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately interpret instructions to complete tasks with minimal supervision, effectively communicates (verbal and written), expresses ideas and needs with individuals and groups, adjusts terminology as appropriate, and complies with accepted standards.
- Possesses intermediate writing, editing, spelling, grammar, formatting and standard business correspondence skills.
- Assists on special projects within area and trains others in routine or specific tasks as needed.
- Interacts with internal personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between functional units.
- Individual contributor role
- Reports directly to the Exec Medical Dir
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Minimum five years experience of executive support, preferably in a pharmaceutical company setting.
- Must exhibit characteristics of a team player who can work independently as well as within a group setting and can interface across multiple departments and levels of management.
- Demonstrated skill proficiency in Microsoft Office. Advanced proficiency in a variety of software and PC functions and a high level of confidence in learning a variety of software for databases, spreadsheets.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to work within an environment which utilizes both in-house and out-sourced (contract/temporary) resources.
- Advanced typing skills (50-65 wpm) required. Ability to proof read for clarity and grammatical errors essential.
- Excellent organizational skills, effective project management skills and commitment to meeting deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to be discreet, flexible, work independently, prioritize and manage assignments to ensure critical issues are addressed or brought to the attention of the appropriate expert within the department(s).
- Self motivated, detail oriented, takes the initiative and has the ability to work independently without close supervision and with all levels of management.
- Must be circumspect in handling highly confidential and sensitive information. Understands and applies Astellas values, maintains and demonstrates high ethical standards in conducting Astellas business.
- College preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Medical Affairs, Americas