Astellas Pharma Compensation & Benefits Analyst in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture. There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company. Astellas is announcing a Compensation & Benefits Analyst opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
The Compensation and Benefits Analyst will provide analytical support for policy, program, and administration improvements to ensure alignment of rewards programs to Astellas's corporate strategic plan, rewards strategy, and the external market.
The role is responsible for supporting routine daily activities for compensation, benefits, retirement, recognition, and other employer of choice rewards programs that engage Astellas employees.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Reward Policy Planning and Analysis
- Assist in executing a flawless compensation and benefits planning process in a timely manner through the implementation and ownership of timelines, processes, and communication plans.
- Supports the annual compensation and benefits planning process. Duties include analytical and implementation support for reward strategy design, including: data gathering; survey submission and market data analysis; costing and analysis of compensation and benefit structure/ program changes to align to reward strategy and market competitiveness; trend reporting; etc.
- Assist with updating plan and program documents as the result of policy changes.
Year-end Processing, Annual Benefits Enrollment, and Reward Reporting and Communications
- Assists in the year-end bonus and long-term incentive payment process.
- Audits year-end calculations/ payments and responsible for finding and correcting data issues.
- Assists with annual benefits enrollment, leave of absence administration, and other ad hoc employee benefit related matters.
- Manages ad hoc employee compensation and benefits inquiries.
- Develops, updates, maintains, and/or monitors routine and ad hoc compensation and benefits reports and systems to reflect accurate and up to date employee data.
- Provides analytical support for budgeting and variance reporting (e.g., bonus, long-term incentive, and recognition accruals to Astellas Finance).
- Supports the creation, coordination, and distribution of employee compensation and benefit communications.
- Performs ongoing job evaluation administration activities and completes various job evaluation secretariat duties as assigned with oversight.
- Completes and administers local job evaluation requests as required.
- Manages job evaluation inventory.
- Assist in review of existing local job evaluation approach and definition/ documentation of revised process proposals.
- Leads updating and maintaining compensation and benefits intranet sites, employee portals, and rewards team sharepoint sites.
- Manages processing of all vendor invoices and tracks spending for forecasting future expenses.
- Drafts employee benefits newsletters for review before leading distribution of publications.
- The incumbent will maintain a solid understanding of ongoing regulatory changes that influence the company's reward programs, and will effectively apply his or her understanding of related internal policies, processes and procedures, and the rationale behind such policies to complete daily work.
- This position reports to the US Region Head of Reward and will collaborate daily with rewards team members.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 to 3 years HR experience in compensation and benefits
- Working knowledge of compensation and benefits programs and trends
- Strong MS Excel experience
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Knowledge of HR and benefits record keeping systems
- HR Procedural Knowledge -- demonstrates knowledge of the processes and functions of the Human Resources (HR) Department
- Analytical/ Problem Solving Skills -- ability to identify the critical issues of problems or opportunities and determine possible solutions
- Judgment -- ability to identify the right solutions to a problem by utilizing a mixture of technical learning and experience
- Planning -- ability to plan and organize projects
- Pharmaceutical experience
- Experience managing small to medium scale projects
- Experience with budgeting, purchasing contracts, purchase orders, and Invoicing
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Human Resources