Astellas Pharma Associate Research Director, Real World Evidence, Advanced Informatics & Analytics in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Research Director, Real World Evidence, Advanced Informatics & Analytics opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
This position will act as a strategic and operational advisor on real-world evidence generation and support projects for the Medical and Development (M&D) functions at Astellas including Medical Affairs (MA), Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), Clinical Pharmacology & Exploratory Development (CPED) and Pharmacovigilance (PV). The Associate Director, Real World Evidence US will act as a trusted resource and draw upon the full scope of assets and capabilities in the AIA division to help meet the need of the identified business partners. This includes working with colleagues to design and execute retrospective studies using Real World Data (RWD). This role will also have responsibility for identifying and proposing innovative uses of RWD and new capabilities to develop in the RWE function.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Partners with internal global and regional functions to determine operational support from the RWE function to address business questions
Plays an integral role in the development and execution of Medical Affairs / Health Economics Outcomes Research database studies including working closely with the Study Lead on:
Study Concept development
- Study Feasibility Assessments & Database / Vendor Selection
- Research Protocol development
- Study Report development
- Responsible for keeping on the cutting edge of RWE use cases in areas including: drug development, pharmacovigilance, strategic epidemiology, health economics and market access and bringing innovations to Astellas
- Maintain coordination with business partners in global functions and AIA division experts for data sourcing, analytics execution needs and advisory on applications
- Join as member on critical project teams for RWE activities
- Collaborate with other AIA resources to develop and share best practices and leverage cross-functional efficiencies
- Maintain RWE analytic methods and case studies across the supported global functions for use in best practice development, sharing, and automation
This position reports directly to Head of Real World Evidence - US at Astellas
- Degree in scientific discipline such as economics, statistics, epidemiology or public health sciences
- 5+ years related experience with 2+ years in healthcare, preferably in an Health Economics Outcomes Research or Medical Affairs research group working with Real World Data
- Working knowledge of potential RWE use cases, especially those related to Health Economics, Outcomes Research, and Medical Affairs
- Working knowledge of RWE data sources and methods
- Aware of current and future trends at the intersection of drug development, commercial modeling and informatics
- Solid knowledge and understanding of RWE projects -- opportunities and limitations
- Must be able to efficiently educate business partners (medical, development and corporate functions) on best use cases for RWE
- Ability to translate business / functional needs into RWE analytics projects and direct analytic resources
- Credible to contribute to ongoing drug development, medical affairs, health economics and epidemiology projects in value-added manner
- Advanced Degree in a scientific discipline such as economics, statistics, epidemiology or public health sciences
- Understanding of key programming languages including SAS, R and SQL
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Advanced Informatics & Analytics