Astellas Pharma Associate Manager Data Governance in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Manager Data Governance opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
Ensure timely and accurate delivery of data to all internal and external customers for sales reporting and compensation purposes, including support and maintenance of the standardized reports and ad-hoc environments. Develop and leverage automated, standard quality control processes to improve the accuracy and efficiency of sales reporting processes and procedures. Serve as the primary point of contact for escalating and resolving data issues.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Process and validate sales data for sales reporting and incentive compensation for assigned products.
- Develop data integrity controls to ensure variances/exceptions are communicated to M&S leadership. Automate controls for all reporting data feeds, ensure all exceptions to the business rules are investigated and resolved prior to data reporting and reporting timeline is met.
- Document all recurring operational processes. Determine and maintain living document of all reports to validate. Develop, implement and communicate SOPs when necessary.
- Responsible for data analysis, exchange and reporting for key therapeutic areas. Act as point of contact for third party vendors.
- Produce ad hoc analyses for Commercial Operations, Sales, and Marketing teams as requested, communicate outcomes, and make recommendations based on findings.
- Take lead on identifying potential data redundancies and data flow issues; provide recommendations on potential solutions and execute when necessary in order to streamline Data Governance processes.
- Act as Data Governance lead for data sharing requests and Third Party Agreements, including working with syndicated data vendor(s) and data aggregator(s) prior to data being shared.
- Validate data for weekly sales reporting, and monthly and quarterly Incentive Compensation processes. Provide sign-off on data feeds on or before scheduled date and without errors.
- Assist in the maintenance of current business rule applications, update when necessary and communicate to appropriate parties that utilize the data.
- Reports to Assistant Director, Data Governance.
- This position requires close collaboration with internal cross functional departments within Commercial Operations, Sales, and Marketing. Needs to be able to identify and fulfill data needs across the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in business related field.
- Minimum 5 years pharmaceutical or related business experience.
- Minimum 3 years of analytical experience that includes data analysis and reporting within the pharmaceutical or healthcare related industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees including senior management and influence others to follow a plan of action.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision.
- Extensive computer proficiency with desktop software in a Windows environment including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working in a group environment supporting multiple teams in a data validation/analysis role.
- Ability to solve complex problems and use previous experience to develop alternative solutions.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and project management skills with a strong attention to detail and ability to effectively manage cross-functional projects.
- Ability to evaluate existing strategies and recommend changes, when appropriate.
- Experience with business analytics and insights tools and related database management solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of sales data sources, e.g. Specialty Pharmacy data, Symphony Health IDV and IQVIA Xponent®, and a general understanding of health insurance claims data source.
- Working knowledge of various Business Intelligence and Data Visualization tools and their application.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Commercial Operations