Astellas Pharma Associate Director Strategic Communications & Collaboration in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Director Strategic Communications & Collaboration in Northbrook IL.
Purpose & Scope:
This role has responsibility to execute the strategic direction of Corporate Affairs to impact Astellas' public policy, business and reputational goals. This position specializes in the operational management of the function, including the development and maintenance of creative reporting and measurement of Corporate Affairs activities to communicate the impact on Astellas business, implementing policies and procedures to increase collaboration and operational efficiency of the Corporate Affairs function. Additionally, this position is responsible for the execution of communications plans aimed at driving diversity and inclusion throughout Astellas and showcases this commitment to both internal and external audiences. This position is highly collaborative and works closely with colleagues across Corporate Affairs, Legal/Compliance, Procurement and other relevant functions, as appropriate.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assists in developing and driving the strategic direction and roadmap for Corporate Affairs
- Creates, implements and maintains a robust measurement reporting system to communicate the impact of Corporate Affairs on Astellas' business.
- Designs departmental policies, procedures, and guidelines, conferring with business partners, leadership, and staff members as necessary
- Serves as Records Management Liaison for the Corporate Affairs functions
- Evaluates the effectiveness of existing processes and implements improvements incorporating feedback and insights
- Creates and maintains Corporate Affairs toolkit materials that highlight Corporate Affairs and showcases the group's work and impact on Astellas' business.
- Assists in the development of content and execution of annual functional offsite meeting
- Develops agendas for Corporate Affairs Leadership team meetings and bi-monthly departmental meetings
- Maintains Corporate Affairs sharepoint site as an effective collaboration and informational tool,
- Compiles Corporate Affairs monthly report and prepares it for executive review
- Develops and implements communications strategies and tactics to drive Astellas' commitment to diversity and inclusion both internally and externally.
- Oversees departmental budgets, acting as a liaison with the Finance department to understand and ensure the group is within budget and addresses related issues
- Acts as key liaison with Procurement organization, identifying and resolving areas of improvement to ensure efficiency.
- Acts as primary corporate brand advisor, providing counsel on adherence to brand standards requests for deviations.
This position has a direct and positive impact on key strategic drivers identified for the achievement Corporate Affairs goals and impact on Astellas' business objectives. This position has an effect on the reputation of Astellas and the engagement of its employees through effective diversity and inclusion communications. .
Organizational Context: This position reports to Senior Director Strategic Communications and Collaboration
This position is highly collaborative in nature and must work in a fully integrated fashion with the team to leverage existing resources. This position must be able to manage multiple tasks.
Required * Bachelor's degree * 12 years relevant experience * Excellent communication and leadership skills needed to implement programs and processes throughout the organization * Ability to develop innovative/creative approaches to measurement * Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills * Ability to be a flexible team player with the highest ethical and business standards * Experience leading people and building strong working relationships across organizations * Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills * Strong interpersonal influence and active listening skills * Able to handle multiple priorities and establishing and maintaining effective and efficient channels of communication * Strong analytical skills and business acumen
Preferred * Experience in communications with a pharmaceutical company * Operations experience with a focus on measurement * Experience in diversity & inclusion communications
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Corporate Affairs