Astellas Pharma Associate Director, M&D Financial Systems in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Director, Medical & Development Financial Systems opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Position & Scope:
The Associate Director, M&D Financial Systems is responsible for delivering two services for M&D Finance's customers and the M&D Finance team:
Operating and maintaining effective financial planning and reporting systems and data management for M&D financial management
- Providing financial reporting, data visualizations, and financial information to the leaders of Astellas' M&D organizations and to the M&D Finance team
- During FY19 a focus of the M&D Financial Systems team will be onboarding Astellas' DDR and Pharmaceutical Technology Development functions to M&D Finance's financial planning and reporting systems to improve and standardize financial management operations. This will enable better and timelier information for leaders of M&D businesses and Finance for decision making.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Creates an environment of ethical business practices and is a role model for high integrity behavior in a financial role.
- Maintain and improve financial planning systems and day to day support of M&D Finance's teams supporting Medical and Development (M&D)
- Update data architecture for new divisions and improved data flows from ERP systems.
- During FY19, build and deliver financial planning and reporting for Drug Discovery Research (DDR) and Pharmaceutical Technology Development (PT-D) on M&D Finance's systems, covering expenses, headcount and any necessary operational research data. Transition these capabilities to Program Apple's tools when they are globally available and able to provide comparable services.
- Oversee timely and accurate electronic submission of management accounting and planning data to corporate and regional finance systems.
- Represent M&D FPA on IT related business unit discussions (example: M&D IT collaboration team). Provide business view of IT/BU spending on technology. Support the BU strategic objectives for employing IT for operational excellence.
This role will have approximately 3-5 direct reports and oversee 2+ BPO providers (approximately 12 staff).
This role reports to the Dir, M&D Data Analytics
Key partners and stakeholders outside M&D Finance are:
M&D BU Operations and Systems teams
- Global and regional finance accounting and systems teams
- IT, including BRS
- Internal Audit (Business and IT)
Professional service providers
- Non-Employee professionals and the firms providing them
This role is supporting businesses with these levels of resources and interfaces:
Global Budget: 2373 oku yen / $2.3 billion
- Global Workforce: 4,700
- Number of Global, Regional and Sub-Regional executive partners: 35
This role oversees, coordinates, and integrates information from these sources:
Number of affiliates to coordinate: 35+
- Number of cost centers: 500
- Number of WBS: 175
- Regional and local accounting information systems:12+
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- English conversational and business English (equivalent to TOEFL IBT 105+, or 7.5 IELTS, CAE- Cambridge English advanced exam, TOEIC Listening 400+, Reading 400+, Speaking 150+, Writing 150+)
- 2+ years of management experience in a Finance role in a research and development experience
- 3-5 years of technical systems experience
Job Specific Skills
- Strong knowledge budgeting and financial forecasting, experience with financial reporting and analysis
- Development of financial models using spreadsheets and database tools with a focus on product perspective
- Experience working with enterprise grade accounting, reporting and ERP systems (SAP, Hyperion, etc.)
- Able to architect and implement financial systems
- Able to understand data modeling, data architecture and process flows.
- Experience with using ETL tools (informatica, talend, etc.)
- Strong presentation skills required to present financial results to management and the ability to influence others
- Strong knowledge of pharma research and development process
- Ability to lead and effectively influence in a multi-location, matrix organization
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity in pioneering new approaches and ways of working
- Working knowledge of internal controls and J-Sox.
- Working knowledge of IFRS.
- Effective interpersonal skills and with ability to operate among diverse cultures
- Strong analytical skills that can turn data into useful information
- Strong teamwork and partner behaviors
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants(CIMA) or other professional certifications are preferred
- 5+ years' of experience in a pharma research and development finance environment
- Exposure to ERP accounting and finance systems such as SAP, Anaplan, Tableau preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled