Astellas Pharma Associate Director Insights Oncology (EV/XOSPATA) in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Director Insights, Oncology opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
Associate Director, Insights (Therapeutic Area/ Customer) leads Insights team (including market research and marketing analytics) for assigned therapeutic/ customer area, with responsibility for infusing insight and analytics into commercial decision-making and brand/ customer strategy development through: 1) development and execution of an integrated market research plan, 2) becoming a thought partner and strategic consultant to senior commercial leadership and 3) acting as an inspirational leader and talent developer for the Insights & Analytics team.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Leads development and articulation of strategic priorities for the I&A team based on a deep understanding of drivers of product performance
- Integrates all I&A capabilities across market research, marketing analytics and competitive intelligence to generate customer insights and support the effective creation of business strategies
- Prioritize projects, budgets and team capacity to effectively deliver Insights support to commercial stakeholders
- Lead I&A Team in flawless execution of all projects and activities
- Serve as the primary strategic partner to commercial leadership, providing thought leadership and insight to drive business decisions and outcomes
- Leading the I&A team for the assigned Therapeutic Area/ Customer from a performance management perspective
- Proactively identifying and addressing opportunities to develop technical skill and leadership capabilities to enable long term I&A vision
- Prioritizing and deploying team resources in the development of state-of-the-art insight generation plans
- Developing talent through coaching, rewards and recognition, and providing experienced based developmental opportunities
- Over the course of the year, the Associate Director oversees market research and analytics projects totaling up to several million dollars in value.
- These projects directly contribute to decisions affecting the product portfolio within the TA, with revenues in excess of $600 million
- The Associate Director supervises 2-3 managers/ senior managers
- The Associate Director reports to the Director I&A
- Demonstrated strong and successful strategic and operational leadership experience
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and partnering skills with demonstrated ability to lead and work in a team-based environment
- Excellent at stakeholder management and can drive groups, including senior level groups, to conclusions
- Ability to influence decision-making and gain the respect, collaboration and support of stakeholders without line-authority
- Communicates complex messages effectively and persuasively in writing and speech with a broad range of stakeholders, including senior executives
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and quantitative skills
- Thinks strategically; quickly discerns patterns and trends and understands their implications
- Ability to understand, translate and integrate multiple data sources into actionable insights to drive decision-making is required
- Can effectively define/scope projects and propose a structured and practical approach to solving complex and ill-defined problems Experience/ Education
- Minimum 10 years' experience, primarily in the pharmaceutical/health care industry with broad experience in strategy development, market research, business analytics, strategic forecasting or related fields
- Experience with or working knowledge of primary market research tools and techniques, secondary data analysis, competitive intelligence, and forecasting methodologies
- Bachelor's degree
- Advanced degree (MBA/MS/PhD)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Commercial Operations