Astellas Pharma Associate Director Field Medical Operations in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Director, Field Medical Operations opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope of Position:
The Associate Director, Field Medical Operations is responsible for providing operations leadership for the US based Field Medical organization (or Regional Field Medical as appropriate) to support the Medical Affairs, Americas (MAA) business objectives. Responsible for strategic and tactical operational planning, performance analytics and measurement, process documentation and improvement for the Field Medical organization. Works closely with internal departments, matrixed therapeutic areas and oversees the operational conduct of strategic projects. The incumbent is responsible for development and refresh of materials to support Organization Management initiatives in the Field. Serves as the primary liaison to Therapy Area personnel with MAA data to support Insights and Analytics that inform Core Medical Plan (CMP) development. The incumbent provides strategic oversight to field facing IT tools/systems, and serves as department Super User for relevant Field Medical systems.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for strategic and tactical operational planning and execution, process documentation and improvement for the US based Field Medical team.
- Responsible for coordinating processes/procedures across TAs for Field Medical. Routinely assists in assessing Field Medical tools with industry standards and benchmarks, aligns with Field Medical Leadership and appropriate MAA leadership for any proposed changes based on dynamic healthcare environment.
- Serves as an active member of the Field Medical Leadership Team to coordinate operational aspects across TAs. Manages logistical support, attends and evaluates various field based meetings and advisory boards.
- In conjunction with Field Medical leadership is responsible for oversight and refresh of Organization Management field tools including organization profile updates, organization classification refresh, and organization playbook/tools updates/revision.
- Serves as the (TA) liaison to support Insights analytics or CMP development updates utilizing data outputs from MAA Analytics resources.
- Responsible for strategic oversight to field facing IT tools/systems and is involved in identification of system acquisitions or upgrades to support the changing business needs of Field Medical and MAA overall.
- Responsible for primary system administration support for Veeva Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and participates in associated internal Veeva Governance teams. Assists with Veeva Vault administration for MAA.
- Serves as department Super User for Field IT systems including, Veeva CRM (browser and iPad), Veeva Vault, and QUOSA iPad app.
- Serves as the interface to IT for field related systems and outside vendors to ensure optimal performance, consistent reporting, and efficiency.
Responsible for development, execution, and reporting of measurable Field performance data that supports the Medical Affairs Value Narrative and MAA business goals across multiple TAs. Regularly interacts with other Astellas departments including: IT, Compliance, Legal, Sales, Marketing, Marketing Operations, and outside data vendors. Position is the primary interface to IT for the Field organization for capabilities and proactive planning for new application roll out and application updates. Works with Field Team Leaders and National Directors (NDs).
- Minimum Bachelor's degree is required.
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated high level of competency with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Systems, SharePoint, IT systems and MS Office applications.
- Deep knowledge of web and iPad Veeva CRM interface.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and develop performance metrics, and identify and implement process improvements.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills to facilitate team discussions and drive optimal team performance.
- Demonstrated leadership in a matrix organization.
- Advanced degree in science or business (MD, Pharm D, PhD, MBA)
Experience in stakeholder facing role or Operational support of stakeholder facing role(s)
Demonstrated high level knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle planning, understanding of the Veeva Data Model, and report writing for the Veeva Data model.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Medical Affairs, Americas