Astellas Pharma Associate Director Corporate Social Responsibility Americas in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Director, Corporate Social Responsibility Americas in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
The Associate Director Corporate Social Responsibility is responsible for developing and executing Astellas' corporate social responsibility (CSR), volunteerism and philanthropic efforts. This position works in close collaboration with other members of the CSR and Corporate Communications organizations, as appropriate, to ensure regional alignment and transparency of efforts. In this position, the Associate Director is responsible for representing Astellas and the Astellas Global Health Foundation externally with multiple community leaders, for leading communications support for all CSR strategies and programming, and for ensuring the transparent and compliant disbursement of Astellas' philanthropic funds. The Associate Director will also be named Secretary of the Astellas Global Health Foundation.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Partners with Director, CSR to execute programming that expresses the global CSR strategies locally and globally including but not limited to CSR Vision, mission, Access to Health and other social contribution initiatives and reporting.
- Supports Director, CSR in championing CSR agenda with key stakeholders/communities and facilitates interaction with stakeholders internally / externally
- Ensures global collaboration and support worldwide -- both internally and externally with a multitude of stakeholders.
- Researches and recommends partners that align with Astellas Social Contribution Policy in addition to cultivating and building strong relationship with partner organizations.
- Develops and executes CSR communication plans in partnership with Corporate Communications, to raise visibility of the Astellas CSR strategy to society and overall Astellas reputation and drive employee engagement, as appropriate (e.g., volunteerism).
- Manages corporate charitable and philanthropic giving requests including U.S. Charitable Donations, Astellas Global Health Foundation Grants and management of an outside vendor to process requests compliantly, in alignment with SOPs and By-laws.
- Ensures programmatic progress is aligned with the donation/grant agreement and that donation funds are spent exclusively for the charitable purposes stated in the agreement and in line with the approved budget.
- Develops a proactive approach to maintain effective, current, and relevant philanthropic plans.
- Represents Astellas externally at community events, ceremonies and media opportunities related to CSR and/or the Astellas Global Health Foundation.
- Provides communications direction and support for philanthropic endeavors working closely with Corporate Communications, leadership, decision-making committees and agency partners.
- Establishes strategic and reputational opportunities for Astellas' CSR efforts and the Foundation.
- Handles multiple priorities, establishing and maintaining effective and efficient channels of communication with community organizations as well as internal audiences.
- Interprets complex community issues and provides simple, implementable community programming.
- Ensures adherence to reporting controls and internal/external regulatory and legal requirements.
This person will support corporate social responsibility in the region and support the Astellas Global Health Foundation, including communications and programmatic execution of all charitable funding, philanthropic funding and volunteerism. Responsible for agency/vendor and budget oversight and measurement of societal impact KPIs.
Position reports to Director Communications and Corporate Citizenship.
- BS or BA Degree or Equivalent in journalism communications or related field is required
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of experience in community and philanthropic support
- Requires 5 years managerial responsibility
- 3 years management of a global foundation or community relations function
- Experience in Corporate Sustainability efforts, trends, reporting and programs that impact both corporate reputation and community
- Experience in establishing and building partnerships with global non-profit partners
- Media relations experience and strong communication abilities including presentation, verbal, and written skills
- Established relationships with industry, business, media, and stakeholders
- Strong leadership abilities and proven ability to manage
- Demonstrated expertise in dealing with business partners at a strategic level, coaching and counseling them, and influencing leadership thinking in strategic communications.
- Understanding of and experience in the pharmaceutical industry
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled