Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com .
Purpose and Scope:
Trusted advisor for scientific exchange to Key External Experts (KEEs) and stakeholders throughout the product life cycle.
Responsible for gathering data from the field that generates medical insights.
Collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders, within and outside of MA.
Execute the tactical field plans for engagement with the medical/scientific community for a product
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Scientific and Interaction Expertise
· Engage in scientific exchange in which knowledge about product(s), disease(s) and therapeutic areas is shared to ensure safe and effective use of Astellas products.
· Engage in discussions regarding evolving trends in disease state management, trends in therapy.
· Engage external stakeholders in one-on-one interactions and group settings, demonstrating an excellent scientific and clinical knowledge as well as an understanding of stakeholder needs.
· Maintain medical and scientific knowledge and staying current to enable peer-to-peer scientific exchange.
· Demonstrates high level of proficiency in interpersonal skills to engage effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
· Knowledgeable on local health care environment and health care dynamics.
· Support Medical Education activities.
· Actively seek future stakeholders (KEEs, Nurses, Pharmacists etc.) in alignment with local health care system.
- Number of expected external medical stakeholders covered: 30-60
Reports to (dependent on structure and size of affiliate and field organization:
Senior Manager MSL Team Lead or,
Associate Director MSL Team Lead or,
Director MSL Team Lead
Part of the MSL Team; peer to MSL, Sr. MSLs, and Associate Director MSLs
Educational Background: Master’s Degree in Health-Related Sciences
Years of Experience: Minimum of 0-2 years.
Scientific exchange excellence
Medical insight generation
- Educational Background: MD, PhD, PharmD
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation, Sick time, plus national holidays including Heritage Days, and Summer and Winter Breaks
401(k) match and annual company contribution
Company paid life insurance
Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible positions
Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
Referral bonus program
Astellas is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Category Medical Affairs - USA
Astellas is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans