Astellas Pharma Translational Medicine Project Director in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Project Director opportunity at their new Mitobridge site in Cambridge, MA.
The Project Director will work closely with members of the R&D organization, CROs, consultants, corporate collaborators as well as the senior management team to ensure development and execution of project plans to meet key corporate goals. This person will report to the VP of Translational Medicine.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
This person will play a key role in the integration and management of cross-functional activities within projects, partnering closely with translational leadership, scientific project leads, external collaborators as well as members of senior management in order to develop project plans as well as timelines and budgets. Then s/he will manage the processes and relationships to ensure progression of projects in a timely manner.
- Identify critical-path project goals, activities, and constraints
- Contribute to strategies that advance projects from early stage to IND and clinical development
- Develop and manage relationships with CROs that may support project needs, in particular, the RFP process
- Direct, motivate and hold accountable to goals and timelines all internal and external team members associated with the project
- Facilitate cross-functional decision making
- Proactively manage project execution as well as potential risk areas, supporting identification and implementation of mitigation and/or contingency plans
- Effectively communicate project status, changes to plan and risks to senior management team
- BS/MS/PhD in appropriate scientific discipline, with 8+ years of relevant pharmaceutical discovery and development experience
- Prior experience managing cross functional teams with timeline management
- Prior experience working with regulatory submissions (e.g., IND submissions) highly desirable
- Prior experience in translational sciences highly desirable
- Exceptional verbal/written communication, time/resource management, attention to detail, interpersonal and organization skills
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Drug Development Research