Astellas Pharma Associate Director, Medicinal Chemistry in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Director, Medicinal Chemistry opportunity at their new affiliate Mitobridge in Cambridge, MA.
Major Responsibilities will include formulating and executing medicinal chemistry strategies that will support drug discovery programs at stages from lead generation to IND candidate selection.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Devise strategies to identify and optimize compounds that will push target validation/assay development activates
- Develop medicinal chemistry strategies to improve potency, selectivity, ADME/DMPK, and safety properties of molecules while expanding IP
- Generate efficient synthetic routes to target molecules
- Interact with external chemistry CROs
- Identify new therapeutic targets
- Deliver lead generation strategies
- Perform lead optimization for animal PoC testing
- Delivery of IND candidates
- PhD with at least 5 years of industry experience as a medicinal chemist
- Strengths in the following areas: creativity, problem-solving, and managing relationships within a matrix project team environment that will involve CROs and other internal/external partners
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in cross-functional teams with an emphasis on teamwork, collaboration and communication within team and across the department
- Adept at utilizing computational chemistry tools and structural-based drug design principals for lead identification and optimization
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Research and Development