Astellas Pharma Senior Manager Business Relationship & Solutions in Northbrook, Illinois
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Senior Manager Business Relationship & Solutions opportunity in the Northbrook, IL location.
Purpose & Scope:
Ensures the alignment of existing information systems with business requirements across Astellas Research and Development (R&D) globally for a certain function. Advises the organisation in the definition of new or improved technologies related to information management in support of business change to enhance the value of information to the business for that function. Experience with supporting the technology needs of Medical Affairs or Clinical Development functions are of particular interest for this position.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Defines the global information strategy for R&D information needs for a certain function (e.g. Data Science, Pharmacokinetics or Regulatory Affairs): a. Take business and technical requirements into account globally when information strategies and plans are developed.
- Performs impact scans to understand the market place for a certain information need: a. Creates an information strategy to deploy information systems with input from the business; b. Determines the scope related to information needs with input from the business; c. Describes high level user requirements with input from the business; d. Writes Requests for Information (RFI) and performs market research; e. Retrieves answers on the RFI and establishes a shortlist together with the business; f. Writes Request for Proposal (RFP), performs due diligence and negotiates contracts to enable the selection of a preferred vendor from the shortlist, in cooperation with the business and shared services departments; g. Compiles the business case showing the Total Cost of Ownership and intangible benefits, including financial, organizational, procedural and technological consequences.
- Identifies opportunities for evolution and innovation of the applied business information systems: a. Analyses information requirements and needs of business customers; b. Prepares project proposals and briefs; c. Promotes the portfolio of Business Relationship & Solutions (BRS) products & services; d. Stimulates the use of available Information Systems.
- Initiates and manages BRS projects. a. Defines, in close cooperation with the Validation Manager of the business function, the validation approach; b. Defines, in close cooperation with key users, detailed user requirement specifications, necessary for project execution; c. Ensures functional and/or technical designs are specified and created; d. Ensures deliverables as described in the Validation Plan are met and signed off as appropriate; e. Manages the execution of approved projects and performs project management tasks as described in the Project Management / System Development Methodology.
- Follows and understands the direction and context of business and IT developments and the implications of these developments for specific solutions related to business processes: a. Keeps up to date with business developments within the area of responsibility; b. Keeps up to date with IT developments in general; c. Searches for improvements when applying these developments to selected solutions, influences the business and initiates infrastructure projects as appropriate.
- Clear describes business customer needs and issues for the development and maintenance of the global IT Infrastructure.
- Manages or participates in global, cross regional and/or regional BRS project teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer base relates to one or more business area or areas (e.g. data science, quality assurance or project management). a. One or more functional department in scope including Research, APGD, RA/QA and PV, CMC (including the PDD), etc; b. May include (medical) departments in one or more of Astellas affiliates globally using one or more system within the scope; c. ASMA, Medical Affairs organizations and functional groups within it, as well as other departments globally using one or more BRS system in scope.
- Manages and is accountable for an investment budget of up to 1,5 Million EUR or 2 Million USD.
- Supports up to 1500 customers, and 15 or more business applications.
Reporting Line: 1. Reporting to an BRS Associate Director or higher; a. Business areas may include: i. Exploratory and Clinical Systems ii. Collaboration and Document Management Systems iii. Business Intelligence Systems iv. Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance v. Research 2. Part of the API Information Systems Department; 3. Manages work of indirect reports and contractor/consultant relationships as appropriate.
Training/Competencies: 1. Masters University degree or acquired by education and/or work experience in IT, business administration or equivalent; 2. Fluent English (verbally and written); 3. Excellent negotiation and influencing skills; 4. Be stress-resistant and analytical; 5. Demonstrated learning ability and ability to acquire new skills as part of the job; 6. Well developed collaborative social skills.
Experience 1. Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience o Over 5 years experience in Pharmaceutical (R&D) environment; o Over 5 years experience in project management; o Over 3 years experience in the area of database administration, programming, report builder or similar is desired; 2. Experience in managing vendors (application vendors and service providers); 3. Knowledge of regulatory requirements concerning GxP applications, GAMP5 and 21 CFR Part 11. 4. Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, MS SQL) is desired. 5. Knowledge of interfaces and middleware solutions is desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Category Information Technology